NCL Star Baltic Capitals 25 June 2016

samshltn

• 5 months later...

Hello Everybody!

We are a family party of 6 people and looking for 4-6 more people to join our private tour. The maximum total of people will be 10-12 people…very manageable size.

We are using the same License Tourist Guide from our past St. Petersburg Tour in 2012 and she is so good and professional that we don't want to risk it and try somebody else.

This is the itinerary:

JUNE 29TH – WEDNESDAY

08:00 – We meet at the port (after you cross the border in the hall where all guides will be) and start a city tour

09:30/10:00 - Early entrance to the Hermitage museum (General Staff Building with Impressionists included)

12:30- 13:30 - Lunch at Stolle Restaurant (pies and coffee )

Restaurant website (see pies on the bottom of the page)

http://www.stolle.ru/en/menu/saint-petersburg

Check out Stolle Restaurant on TripAdvisor:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...t.html?m=19904

13:30-14:00 - Road to Peterhof

14:00 - Metro Ride (ST. Petersburg metro station exhibits many typical Soviet designs and features exquisite decorations and artwork making it one of the most attractive and elegant metros in the world)

14:30- We visit the INSIDE of the Grand Palace of Peterhof, the Fountain Park and Gardens of Peterhof

Note: Many of the tours only visits the lower Fountain Park and the upper gardens of the Peterhof Palace but not the inside of the Palace:cool:.... we are going to visit the inside of this Palace:)

18:00- Return to the Ship

==================

JUNE 30TH - THURSDAY

08:00- We meet at the port and continue the city tour

10:00- Visit to the Catherine Palace with the Amber Room and Catherine Park of Tsar's Village (Tsarskoe Selo -Pushkin)

12:30 - Road to Pushkin

13:00 - Lunch at Podvorie Restaurant

Lunch restaurant website:

http://www.podvorye.ru/index.php?lang=eng

Check out Podvorye Restaurant on TripAdvisor:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...t.html?m=19904

This day we are going to have a special upgraded lunch, see the Lunch menu on this website:

http://onlysaintpetersburg.com/restaurant-podvorje

14:30- Visit to the Faberge Museum

16:15- Visit to the Savior on the Spilled Blood Church

18:00- Return to the Port

----------------------------------------------------

The price of the tour is:

$340 USD for the group of 10 people

$320 USD for the group of 12 people

The price includes:

1. Tour licensed guide for 2 days, personalized tour for a small group maximum of 12 people.

2. Professional driver for 2 days.

3. Comfortable vehicle with Air Conditioner.

4. Entry tickets to all museums listed in the program.

5. Lunch included on the price for both days.

6. Audio Headset included provided by the Tour Guide.

7. Russian Visa Tourist Ticket included free of charge.

-------------------------------------------------------

We are also doing a night tour (White Nights) on the night of the 29th from 7:00pm-11:00pm, if you are also interested I can give you details by email;)

Of course it's impossible to see everything that St Petersburg offers; on this tour we combined attractions that we already saw on our past trip and new attractions.

My email is Emyb1 at aol dot com

Emyb1@aol.com

Thanks,

Emy & Bob

Aloha! My wife, Kathy, and I have just booked this cruise and we are super excited! In order to use our frequent flyer miles and accommodate work schedules and the 7,000+ mile journey, we have to do back to back red eyes :eek: We arrive in Copenhagen on the 23rd. We hope to rest, revive ourselves and do a little sightseeing before the cruise.

I just made reservations on the 2 day Alla Grand Tour of St Petersberg, because it seems to cover the most ground. We are hoping to visit the Faberge museum in the evening (the only thing missing from our day tour), although we would also like to experience something else with our evening as well, so I have asked them if there are any combo options. We'll see...

Did I mention? We are super excited!:)

Hi Kathy and Jane. Can't wait to meet you. It's all so exciting!

It's a short hop for us, from London to Copenhagen. That's a nice change for us because we most frequently cruise from Miami.

What are you most looking forward to?

St Petersburg! I was so deep in fantasy about it today that I missed my turnoff :D

I envy your lack of jetlag. I hope I'm able to fully enjoy everything. I'm also really looking forward to the thermal suite. And taking the train to Lubeck to eat marzipan lol. And I've heard Tallinn is lovely. What are you looking forward to?

Hi kathy and Jane,

We look forward to meeting you during the cruise. We are flying from Philadelphia with an extended layover in Zurich (time to go sightseeing).

Johan and Brian

That sounds nice. We were thinking of staying in Zurich as well, but were limited in our frequent flyer optiins. I guess it's just as well because it's probably too much with the distance we're travelling. What part of the cruise are you most looking forward to?

I envy your lack of jetlag.

It's very rare for us to not have jetlag after a trip, to be honest. We just got back yesterday morning from a weekend in Chicago, so we're really feeling it!

What are you looking forward to?

I'm very excited about passing through the Danish Straights and under the Great Belt Bridge. Also very much looking forward to visiting St Petersberg. We travel to all of the other countries quite easily from London, but Russia is more of a fuss to get to with visas etc, so it's a real treat for us.

Johan and Brian

Nice to meet you both, looking forward to seeing you on board!

It's very rare for us to not have jetlag after a trip, to be honest. We just got back yesterday morning from a weekend in Chicago, so we're really feeling it!

I'm very excited about passing through the Danish Straights and under the Great Belt Bridge. Also very much looking forward to visiting St Petersberg. We travel to all of the other countries quite easily from London, but Russia is more of a fuss to get to with visas etc, so it's a real treat for us.

Nice to meet you both, looking forward to seeing you on board!

I'd never even heard of the Great Belt bridge before. One more thing to look forward to, so thanks! I envy you Brits and all the travel opportunities you have.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Edited by belgiantuesday

I'd never even heard of the Great Belt bridge before.

It's quite something. Picture the Golden Gate Bridge (the second-longest bridge in the USA) - it's like a big version of that. So... it's really cool that we'll get to sail under it. A lot of people will think I'm really boring but I'm an unapologetic civil engineering geek!

The Strait itself averages at about 15 miles wide, so it will be a really cool journey along it. We'll be passing through on the evening of the 25th, just four days after the longest day. At that latitude, sunset wont be till about 10pm, so I think there'll be quite a view!

And all that is on the first afternoon and evening! Navigating the Stockholm Archipelago (24,000 small islands!) and the islands of Helsinki harbour will be interesting experiences too, just for things to see from the ship.

And then there are the port days! Don't get me started, I'm too excited!

It's quite something. Picture the Golden Gate Bridge (the second-longest bridge in the USA) - it's like a big version of that. So... it's really cool that we'll get to sail under it. A lot of people will think I'm really boring but I'm an unapologetic civil engineering geek!

The Strait itself averages at about 15 miles wide, so it will be a really cool journey along it. We'll be passing through on the evening of the 25th, just four days after the longest day. At that latitude, sunset wont be till about 10pm, so I think there'll be quite a view!

And all that is on the first afternoon and evening! Navigating the Stockholm Archipelago (24,000 small islands!) and the islands of Helsinki harbour will be interesting experiences too, just for things to see from the ship.

Now I'm even more excited! Also, feeling really happy that we splurged on a balcony!

I agree that passing under the bridge will be very exciting. Do you know what time we will be passing under the bridge? Why do we have to travel around Denmark to go under the bridge when we can simply head south to get to Germany?

I am also really looking forward to Stockholm and Sailway. On that day (June 2) we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary. What better way to celebrate than by sipping on a glass or bottle of champagne while enjoying the archipelago.

Edited by jmele999

Do you know what time we will be passing under the bridge?

I don't, but I'll be trying to find out once on board.

Why do we have to travel around Denmark to go under the bridge when we can simply head south to get to Germany?

I don't know if there's a better reason than 'it's scenic'. I know which option I prefer!