Reports/reviews from South America please

Skipper Tim

There is a huge amount of discussion of MSC Caribbean sailings, some on European, but I have failed to find any on the current South American sailings. Are there no English-speakers aboard? I believe the MSCs Fantasia, Orchestra, Musica and Magnifica are all there at the moment.

As it says in my signature below, I will be on the MSC Fantasia on her repositioning from Santos to Venice. When I sail, I understand that the Fantasia will still be in 'South American' mode so I would love to hear any reports, reviews or snippets of information from current or recent cruisers on South American itineraries. All the usual stuff: drinks packages available on board, special offers, where to go when, entertainment highlights, food, what to do, etc. etc. etc.

A wine menu would be priceless!

Tim.

On my repositioning trip out of BA last spring, there were a few British Passengers onboard who'd done a short cruise B2B with the repo one.they said they'd noticed quite a few changes within the first day of the main cruise getting underway.

Some of these were

- dinner time changed from a very late 10.30pm to 9.30 for second sitting

- nationality mix changed. Still a lot of Argentinians and Brazilians on the repo one, but on the 3 day cruise prior they'd been only about a dozen who weren't South American

- coffee was served at dinner on the repo cruise but not on the short one

- they mentioned something changing about the way drinks were served, but I can't remember what it was

So whilst what's happening on the sailings now will no doubt be of interest, there is a strong possibility that there will be changes when the Fantasia starts making her way back to Europe.

On my repositioning trip out of BA last spring, there were a few British Passengers onboard who'd done a short cruise B2B with the repo one.they said they'd noticed quite a few changes within the first day of the main cruise getting underway.

Some of these were

- dinner time changed from a very late 10.30pm to 9.30 for second sitting

- nationality mix changed. Still a lot of Argentinians and Brazilians on the repo one, but on the 3 day cruise prior they'd been only about a dozen who weren't South American

- coffee was served at dinner on the repo cruise but not on the short one

- they mentioned something changing about the way drinks were served, but I can't remember what it was

So whilst what's happening on the sailings now will no doubt be of interest, there is a strong possibility that there will be changes when the Fantasia starts making her way back to Europe.

Thank you, Mairi.

You don't remove any of the uncertainty but make make it more interesting for me. I am teased and can't wait.

Tim.

Archived