Rent Snorkel Gear in Maui

showgren

Hey all,

I will be on the Nov. 28th POA sailing and would like to know if there is a convenient place to rent snorkel gear before starting the Road to Hana (on a Sunday morning:()? I want to have the freedom to snorkel at will, but don't want to take snorkel gear with me from the mainland. I would probably try to return the gear the next day. I believe I read there is a good place to rent snorkel gear in Oahu and I could keep it for the week, but don't think this is ideal. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Snorkel Bob's is a good place to rent gear, but on Maui, they only have locations on the west and south side. (They are the store that you can rent from at one location and return to another.) However, I don't think you would be snorkelling along the Road to Hana (ocean conditions aren't usually suitable for snorkelling), so perhaps just wait until the next day to rent gear if you have the day free to spend in W or S. Maui.

Edited by Susan-M

Snorkel Bob's is a good place to rent gear, but on Maui, they only have locations on the west and south side. (They are the store that you can rent from at one location and return to another.) However, I don't think you would be snorkelling along the Road to Hana (ocean conditions aren't usually suitable for snorkelling), so perhaps just wait until the next day to rent gear if you have the day free to spend in W or S. Maui.

Totally agree. Perfect answer.