Hotels in Boracay

The Mommy

Not sure if any hotels offer an all inclusive package even for overnight guests.

I stayed at the Shangri La and I did see non-guests come for lunch. Check with the hotel but I would think you could make a day of it.

The main beach (White Beach) is a long stretch of public beach with restaurants and hotels all along. You probably don't need to confine yourself to one hotel but could find a spot to relax and eat for the day.

The Shangri - La don't do day passes in their hotels in other parts of the world.

I will just keep e mailing them until I get a hit, then I will share

My impression was the Shangri-La beach was public and it seemed like they let non-guests eat in their restaurants. So as long as you prefer the beach to the pool you wouldn't need a day pass. Maybe verify with a destination expert on tripadvisor if no other cruisers have tried this. It isn't a common port stop.

Boracay has a very long beach (White Beach) --this is not the Shangri la beach--there are many small hotels and restaurants/bars.

I believe that cruise ships are relatively new to this island!

White beach is the most popular and is an excellent public beach. I do not know of any hotels that have day passes. I do not think this is necessary--because the beach is public and you can eat at any of the restaurants or hotels.There is a sand walkway the runs along the beach it's entire length.

My wife and I have stayed in Boracay 3 times and have been delighted each time--try Discovery shores or Fridays in Area 1--also visit "D Mall" in the center area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just came back from Boracay. We walked on the beach and found the Boracay Mandarin Hotel. For under $50USD/Person we had a 2 hour Private indoor and aircon Hot Stone Massages, use of Pool, Sauna, private showers, Lockers and dedicated beach front Lounge seating. We used the amenities for about 5 hours. If we would have left the ship earlier we could have been there all day. Worth the money. There was no one bothering us to buy anything, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
Just came back from Boracay. We walked on the beach and found the Boracay Mandarin Hotel. For under $50USD/Person we had a 2 hour Private indoor and aircon Hot Stone Massages, use of Pool, Sauna, private showers, Lockers and dedicated beach front Lounge seating. We used the amenities for about 5 hours. If we would have left the ship earlier we could have been there all day. Worth the money. There was no one bothering us to buy anything, etc.

That sounds just the sort of thing I was looking for! Was it easy enough to get a taxi from the dock there and back and what did it cost for the taxi? Thanks.

Our ship also tenders at Boracay. On trip advisor, I was told that a trike costs

Php 100 from pier to DMall. DMall is in the center of White Beach. PhP is Peso and PHP 100 is about US$ 2. This is subject to your negotiation skills.

Thanks Floridiana!:)

Bummer. Maybe ship will have some pesos or the airport before you leave home. Changing over $10-$20 is worth it to save you a headache later. We were lucky to be in Manilla and we exchanged money then. Please note we did arrive @8am were off ship by 8:30am and we had to wait until 9:10am for the new rate to be available to get money. Even the ATMs did not work.