flight home

HOU or IAH? We had a 12:30 flight out of HOU after our last Galveston cruise (Navigator). We used RC transfers and were at the airport very early. So early that we had to wait to check in. So, airport matters and how you get from ship to airport matters but 12:00 flight does seem reasonable.

Liberty of the seas

I'm looking at a flight that leaves from hou hobby airport at 1156am is it make able flight?

If there are no delays with the ship getting in and customs, you should be fine.

• 10 months later...
HOU or IAH? We had a 12:30 flight out of HOU after our last Galveston cruise (Navigator). We used RC transfers and were at the airport very early. So early that we had to wait to check in. So, airport matters and how you get from ship to airport matters but 12:00 flight does seem reasonable.

Do you think using RCCL transfers got you off the ship any earlier? Do the buses fill up fast?

We only did it the one time but yes, we were given a low number to get off the ship quicker and the bus filled quickly. They want those buses headed back to the airport as soon as possible as they will need to pick up new passengers at the airport.

We used Galveston Express it left the port at 9:00am roughly. Arrived at Hobby 9:55am. If you call them and speak to the manager(Keith I believe it was) he will explain. Was a nice service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used Galveston Express it left the port at 9:00am roughly. Arrived at Hobby 9:55am. If you call them and speak to the manager(Keith I believe it was) he will explain. Was a nice service.

So, I'm guessing you took their 8:30 shuttle, since they say it could leave 30 minutes late. I'm debating between them and the ship transfers since I'm concerned about time after reading about all the possible delays we could encounter. :rolleyes: We have a 1:00 pm flight.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I forget if it was scheduled for 8:30 or 9. I just remember leaving the port about 9:05. I think you have just as much of a chance of being delayed with the ships transfer as with the private shuttle. Less people to wait for with the shuttle. I don't want to make my guarantees but i honestly think you will be fine with a 1:00 pm flight. You can always pay a porter when going to retrieve your luggage as well. The porters have their own line for customs so you absolutely save time. We tipped him $15 for carrying our 4 bags(2 full size and 2 carry on) and saving us some time with customs. He seemed pleased with that.