Any recommendation for Klaksvik, Faroe Islands

We will be cruising on the Brilliance of the seas next year to Norwegian fjords and Iceland. Roughly I have an idea what to do (excursions) in all ports, except for Klaksvik. Do you have any recommendations of any no miss excursion in this port?

Joanne.

If you like walking and are reasonably fit (and the weather is good) there is a very worthwhile view from the hill peak to the North West of the town of Klaksvik.

Take the bus into town, it will drop you at a small square. Walk down the hill to the roundabout and go straight on. At the T junction turn left into Kirkjubrekka, then keep going to the next T junction where you turn right. Keep going (uphill) till you get to a small roundabout and the turn left. Keep on the road till you get to a reservoir in the saddle of the two peaks. There is no defined path from here on, just walk uphill to the North till you get to the top. From the top you will get an amazing view, including the ship far below. If you do go, take some water and food, there is nowhere on route after you leave town. I think it took my wife and me about 3 hours for the round trip. Its probably about 2 and half miles each way but it is worth it.

:)

Rent a car! The faroes are very drivable, you can't get lost, and the scenery is breathtaking! We did, and posted pictures on our family blog! Lots of pictures...

http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/

Wow, lovely photos. As you said, and from the pictures, I can say that the Faroes have breathtaking scenery.

Edited by sjsuda

If you like walking and are reasonably fit (and the weather is good) there is a very worthwhile view from the hill peak to the North West of the town of Klaksvik.

Take the bus into town, it will drop you at a small square. Walk down the hill to the roundabout and go straight on. At the T junction turn left into Kirkjubrekka, then keep going to the next T junction where you turn right. Keep going (uphill) till you get to a small roundabout and the turn left. Keep on the road till you get to a reservoir in the saddle of the two peaks. There is no defined path from here on, just walk uphill to the North till you get to the top. From the top you will get an amazing view, including the ship far below. If you do go, take some water and food, there is nowhere on route after you leave town. I think it took my wife and me about 3 hours for the round trip. Its probably about 2 and half miles each way but it is worth it.

:)

Thanks for your suggestion. :)

• 2 months later...