RCI's Coco Cay excursion

Go Crusin

We will be there in Feb on Royal Carribean Majesty of the Seas. We will have our 5 yr old son. We are wanting to do the water toys excursion like castle , big slide, trampoline, ect.... It says min. age is 4 , min. ht. is 48" . My son is not quite 48" yet, probably about 45 or 46. Can he still participate?

Also, it said it the excursion was on online exclusive. Does this mean we can't wait on sign up on the ship?

I also posted this on the Bahamas board too.

Thanks!

Just give you son a cup or bucket, and let him have a good time on the beach...he won't know the difference.

Kid's are well-equipped to entertain themselves, given the opportunity. You do NOT need to pay extra for him to have fun....a spoon and sand and something to put it in is HEAVEN for a 5 year old! Let him dig a hole "to China"....fun!

WOW! 48inches is a reeeeaaaally tall 4 year old!! My son is one of the tallest in his class- he is 7 1/2 and is only 50 inches. (He is desperate to hit 51 inches by May so he can go on the Flowrider on Freedom and wants me to measure him daily incase he 'grew in his sleep').

Sorry I can't help you with your question, but I was just surprised by the 48 inch/4 yr old thing. Good Luck!

You can just sign up when you get to the island, but I think your son might be too small to participate. We were just there this weekend, and it didn't look like something for small children. I think they do have an Adventure Ocean area on the island, but I didn't look for it. Maybe that's something he'd enjoy, playing with other kids at the beach while you catch some rays nearby. Here's a link to more information about the program:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do;jsessionid=0000GZJ4Ls-GPmBgujR2i9930SH:15lbbplc5?exCode=548&shipCode=AD

Hope you have fun; CocoCay is beautiful!

We did the Freedom in 8/09 and my almost 7 year old was barely big enough to enjoy the blow ups...you have to be a very good swimmer. Also, climbing up the blow ups can be dangerous. My adult husband got injured on one of the blow ups because of a child falling on him while he (my husband) was trying to help our daughter climb up. The kid was 10 so he wasn't that little. My husband was sore for the next couple of days. If he had fell on my daughter, she would have been seriously hurt. To be honest, we would have not had her participate, but she always wants to do what her 3 "older" siblings are doing.

If your son is not 48" he will not be able to participate. Although the blow up slide is not on the water, it is a lot safer. Nobody can fall on you...but you still have to be 48". Have a great cruise...your son will have the time of his life no matter what you can or can't do.:)

We will be there in Feb on Royal Carribean Majesty of the Seas. We will have our 5 yr old son. We are wanting to do the water toys excursion like castle , big slide, trampoline, ect.... It says min. age is 4 , min. ht. is 48" . My son is not quite 48" yet, probably about 45 or 46. Can he still participate?

Also, it said it the excursion was on online exclusive. Does this mean we can't wait on sign up on the ship?

I also posted this on the Bahamas board too.

Thanks!

CB:

If my memory serves me correctly, the Coco Cay has an inflatable section

for smaller kids. The inflatable/jumping playground is for 45-1hr as they have

to limit the amount of people on for safety reasons. With that said, it will

be enough, as it is exhausting! Its a lot of climbing onto things from the water

and jumping! They will have floats to rent, but get one, as the water was

a bit chilly when I was there last April. They also have basketball/volley ball

courts, big dry slides, and plenty of hammocks for chilling! If your child does

not swim well or not used to swimming for long periods of time a swim belt

would be could. The water is calm in am but later in afternoon it gets a

bit choppy with the change of tides! Bring your sunblock, hats and sunglasses

and you'll have a great time!!!

Thanks everyone! This gives me a better idea of what its like. We have been taking him to he beach since he was 6mths old , every yr. He can swim , not great , but he won't sink. We plan to do some snorkeling with him too. So we'll just wait and see . A area for smaller kids would be great !!

Archived