Time ?????

kasowell2

My ships schedule says we arrive in Coz at 10:00. I know to not schedule a tour for 10:30 due to being late and everyone rushing to get off but I was wondering if that 10:00 arrival time is what time Coz time?
If you're cruising with anybody besides Carnival then the time on the ship is always the same as the local time. I sure wish Carnival would adopt that policy instead of the silly "ship time" thing they do that I assume is intended to make things simpler but judging from these forums just confuses people. If you're sailing Carnival out of the Eastern time zone then subtract 1 hour from the intinerary's time for Cozumel to get local Cozumel time. If your sailing Carnival out of the Central time zone then Cozumel time will be the same as ship time. Maybe other cruise lines do the "ship time" thing too but I'm pretty sure its just Carnival.

My ships schedule says we arrive in Coz at 10:00. I know to not schedule a tour for 10:30 due to being late and everyone rushing to get off but I was wondering if that 10:00 arrival time is what time Coz time?

assuming the ship keeps it's embarkation port time, you'll be docking in Cozumel at 9AM Cozumel time. No need to rush off. If it is a ship sponsored excursion, there's nothing holding you back from the early departure time, they will wait. If it is a private vendor excursion, double check with them which time they are using for the confirmation. All private vendors are highly aware of the time differences.

It will be 9am local time and 10am ship time. I just got of the Navigator and they did not change time up and back just for one day. Our arrival time was 10 am and had no problem

meeting out private tour guide at 9:30!!

How come the Carnival vacation planner cannot tell me about the time difference and keeps mentioning ship time??:mad:

Because it's easier:rolleyes:

While they should be aware of the differences, many would probably be confused like many cruisers. So they say ship time and ship time will be different depending on the time zone where you originally embark. Ships that cruise to Cozumel leave from 2 different time zones, Eastern and Central (Mobile, New Orleans, Galveston), which BTW is the time zone tha t Cozumel is in. Also the US shifts to daylight savings time earlier than Cozumel. This can mean up to a 2 hour difference (for Eastern departures) during the couple of weeks before Cozumel shifts and a 1 hour difference for Central departures. This is good, because you can enjoy the beach longer. Most close at 5PM Coz time. See you're head is swimming already:confused::D

But believe me, if you have a ship excursion, it will be on ship time. No need to get in snit over hypothetically being left behind becaus eof time differences. If you've booked a private excursion, the vendors all know about ship time versus Coz time, and they aren't going to let $$ get away leaving you stranded on the dock. For private vendors who specify a time, ask them which time they are using and then you need to do the research to see if that's different from your ship's time and prep accordingly.

I know at Nachi Cocom in September we arrived and they asked us what time we wanted to be back to the port area. We said one hour before our ship sails. They asked what ship, we told them and they said no problem, relax we'll tell you when we have the cab here ready for you. Spent the entire day eating and drinking and swimming and napping (hey it was very relaxing) and they came out to give us a ten minute warning. We picked up, walked out to the cab and literally were at the port one hour on the dot before the ship sailed. I don't have any idea to this day if we were on ship time or island time or daylight savings time. I do know we had a good time. They made it quite nice for us to be able to not worry about it. Hope you figure it all out and have a relaxing time. Take care, Jim

Archived