Ventura Cabin L102 Lido Deck

Butterfly Dreams

I cannot tell you about the layout of L102, but what I can tell you is that on Ventura the windows of L101, L102, L103, and L104 face out onto the observation deck that is on top of the bridge.

The design of the observation deck is a path immediately in front of the windows, and then a short set of stairs up to the observation deck.

What this means is that you are likely to have people walking immediately the other side of the window, or stood on the observation deck looking down into the cabin.

The result seemed to be when I travelled on Ventura, was that the people occupying L101, L102, L103, and L104 had the curtains on the window drawn 24/7.

The balconies for the suites L106 and L107 suffered the same problems, with anyone on the observation deck, having a full view of the whole balcony.

Thank you for your responses. I was aware that the cabin looked out on to the observation deck, I hadn't realised that it was a public area, I thought it was crew only.

I am interested as to size as it looks quite small on the deck plan.

I am going to enjoy the cruise, I do not spend too much time in the cabin, as a rule. I expect the weather to be good so I imagine I will be out on deck most of the time

I have not long returned from a cruise on Azura staying in suite L107.

They are not overlooked & yes the deck is for crew only (didn't even see any of them) Yes it is slightly obscured but only by a safety rail. Great views going into port, you only have to stand on tip-toes if you're short! enjoy!

I cannot tell you about the layout of L102, but what I can tell you is that on Ventura the windows of L101, L102, L103, and L104 face out onto the observation deck that is on top of the bridge.

The design of the observation deck is a path immediately in front of the windows, and then a short set of stairs up to the observation deck.

What this means is that you are likely to have people walking immediately the other side of the window, or stood on the observation deck looking down into the cabin.

The result seemed to be when I travelled on Ventura, was that the people occupying L101, L102, L103, and L104 had the curtains on the window drawn 24/7.

The balconies for the suites L106 and L107 suffered the same problems, with anyone on the observation deck, having a full view of the whole balcony.

Should also add that normally if windows are overlooked by people they usually have a film over them. you can see out, but during the day-as long as you do not have a light on-people cannot see in.

We had a cabin once on one of freds ships ,that was at the very front of the prom deck...so I stood out there and looked in, could not see anything.

Once lights are turned on then curtains would need to be pulled .

Unless people actually check they may not realise there is a film on the glass, so just assume people can see in.