Float plane time/area. possible crab?

timkatmom

1. How long are you actually in the air? (the $200-240 price range) Do they all go to the same area?

2.Has anyone done the one that includes the crab fest? All you can eat crab? Does that lessen your time up in the air?

the crab fest flight is short, yes it cuts into flying time. The main reason to choose that tour, would be to just get a plane ride, and have the crab as the priority.

IF you want a priority of flight seeing, then the flying into Misty Fiords is at least 90 minutes. So you need to verify your times and routes. IF a cruise excursion, add more time for assembly.

Guest Nellsmom58

We just did this tour last week, and yes, all you can eat crab, and it was amazing! We highly recommend it, the best crab we've ever had. The crab just kept coming, and was more than we could eat. The small restaurant setting was rustic and beautiful with views of the water from our table. Our tour went to George's Inlet, with bus service to the location and flight back to Ketchikan docks. The flight is shorter than doing the Misty Fjords flight alone, but still gives a great overview of the area. We recommend going midday or afternoon, if you don't want crab for breakfast [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just did the flight and crab feast, I had a lot of onboard credit to use up. Flight was very short but the crab was amazing. I think there was an option to take a boat ride there and I would have preferred that. You can get a much better value for your $$ with other flights.

I just did the flight and crab feast, I had a lot of onboard credit to use up. Flight was very short but the crab was amazing. I think there was an option to take a boat ride there and I would have preferred that. You can get a much better value for your $$ with other flights.

It's also a short trip there by road.

How long was the flight part? And what company did you use?

We just did this tour last week, and yes, all you can eat crab, and it was amazing! We highly recommend it, the best crab we've ever had. The crab just kept coming, and was more than we could eat. The small restaurant setting was rustic and beautiful with views of the water from our table. Our tour went to George's Inlet, with bus service to the location and flight back to Ketchikan docks. The flight is shorter than doing the Misty Fjords flight alone, but still gives a great overview of the area. We recommend going midday or afternoon, if you don't want crab for breakfast [emoji6]

Guest Nellsmom58

We booked through our cruise line since it was an exchange from another excursion. The float plane they used was through Taquan Air Tours, and lasted about 40 minutes. The crab feast was at George Inlet Lodge. Hope this helps [emoji4]