Lac Bay Sorobon Beach Info

Whitnee1

Seem to be leaning towards Lac Bay. Think the crowds will be less and the beach better. My question is I know Sorobon is on Lac Bay but is there alsl a Lac Bay resort? Looking for a beach with chaors, umbrella, food n drink, and facilities. Are these available ther and if so where??

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't be deceived by the pictures on the website. You will not be using Sorobon's resort beach. You will be placed in a small area with other cruise people stacked like sardines with cigarette smoke, dirty sand for $5 a chair. No breeze unless you go into the water. Also, Jibe city is there and the windsurfing is all over the place. We walked over to Jibe city where they charged my husband $5 for chairs and later we discovered the chairs are free as long as you buy something. They have a bar and drinks. If you decide to go there, print out a copy of all prices and show it to them if they try to overcharge you if you decide to rent kayaks or SUP. To snorkel, you have to walk 1/2 mile out. They will tell you you can walk to the waves but the coral is really bad and the waves are rough once you get out of the bay to the ocean. Bonaire is not known for it's beaches just the snorkeling. Get a ferry out to Klein Bonaire for awesome snorkeling. Or arrange a tour. We left Jibe city/sorobon and went over to Donkey Sanctuary which was great for my teenagers. Very difficult to get a taxi to take you to the Donkey Sanctuary and take you back. We luckily got a ride to ship from the owner or else we would have been walking. Sanctuary is 10 minutes from cruise port. We were supposed to rent a car but circumstances prevented us from doing so. That is another option that I would really consider. Avis is right at the port. Also, I don't believe there is a Lac Bay resort. I know Divi will let you rent chairs and it is near the cruise port.

Edited by jean87510