Wifi on the JADE questions

travelexplore3

hi there,

We will be on the Jade September 3-11, heading from Southampton to Rotterdam, Oslo, Hamburg, and Copenhagen. My question is:

How is the wifi on the Jade? We are looking into the unlimited internet package for myself, husband and 18 year old son. We know we can only connect one device at a time, but I just want to know if the wifi is any good? Or better yet, is the unlimited internet package worth it? I do not want to have a day or days where it doesn't work when I'm paying their sky high rates, I'm afraid of that happening. Last time we bought internet while onboard was in 2010 when we did western med. on the Jade. The internet was super slow and we blew through 100 minutes in 3 days, that was just from emailing family to check in and checking social media.

Thanks in advance .

Just off the Jade. We purchased the unlimited package and found it no worse (nor any better) than typical cruise ship speeds. We feel the breakaway is better (something about different technology?), but the Jade was as good as the getaway and any non-voom ship can be (with the exception of flam and Gieranger which was to be expected and fully disclosed).

We had decent wifi coming and going from Southampton and Hamburg. I wasn't in your other ports, so can't comment, but I would think with major cities like Oslo and Copenhagen you will be fine. It's not great, but I was able to do a live report without too much effort.

I will say this, don't purchase ahead of time. We were on a 10 day, but because of flam and Gieranger they only charged us for 9 days.

If I had purchased ahead of time I doubt I would have been automatically refunded.

Also, since you are sharing, I strongly advise everyone to actually log off by typing "logoff.com" in the browser. We started just clicking the "logoff" button on the home page but noticed that was glitchy making switching devices frustrating at times.

Wifi cost on NCL is a pet peeve of mine. We paid 6.99 a day last year for 10 Days on rhapsody ($70.00). Ten days in the Jade cost $300 (without the one day discount). I can think of no good reason those prices should be so vastly different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk