dive bus curacao

Cruizann

I am a newly certified diver, August 2014 (and 63 years old) and my DH has been diving since he was 16 and has made many dives in the past few years. We are on a cruise in January and are looking at diving with the Dive Bus in Curacao, just diving their house reef which is across the street from their shop. What is the depth of the reef, how deep would the dive be and what would you see (coral and fish, turtles, nurse sharks etc). Would you recommend taking a guided dive here at their house reef which I think they offer. Thanks very much for your advise.

Hopefully someone that has been there recently can give more up to date info since it's been a few years since I was there.

I was there the middle of January and the water temp was 81 F and my max depth was around 60 ft with an average of about 30 ft. There were lots of reef fish and eels. There is also a wreck near by but we didn't go to it. The staghorn coral was really nice. Coming off the ship, I didn't have time to go anywhere other than their house reef but I was happy with that.

I would definitely go on a guided dive especially as a new diver. Mark was really great and I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Water temp will be around 81* - you just need a shorty!

The walls drop off fairly deep all around the island, but you will see the most between 30 and 80 ft.

Curacao is known for the great coral and small sea life. Eels, crabs, turtles, squid, shrimp, variety of colorful reef fish. Very few larges like sharks, rays, grouper.

Dive Bus is not where I would recommend for a newer diver. Consider CURious2Dive or Bas Hart. Curious2 Dive even takes out handicapped divers - fantastic service & will put you at ease while still giving your experienced hubby a dive to talk about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have logged a couple of dozen dives there with Marc and Suzy owners of the Dive Bus. The house reef is amazing and the starts with an old man made rock wall that is very shallow and loaded with fish. There is a deeper wreck and car pile that you can drop to if your AOW. The water is usually extremely clear at their site. We swam with squid, been surrounded by a school of Tarpon watched Eagle Rays feed along the bottom. Lots of wonderful marine life with very safe easy shore dives.

I have logged a couple of dozen dives there with Marc and Suzy owners of the Dive Bus. The house reef is amazing and the starts with an old man made rock wall that is very shallow and loaded with fish. There is a deeper wreck and car pile that you can drop to if your AOW. The water is usually extremely clear at their site. We swam with squid, been surrounded by a school of Tarpon watched Eagle Rays feed along the bottom. Lots of wonderful marine life with very safe easy shore dives.

Thank you so much for recommending the Dive Bus. This sounds spectacular. A wonderful adventure awaits us.

Unfortunately I can't comment much on the dive site but Wife and I were very happy with the dive op themselves. We did a "tag-along dive" while our kids did a discover scuba - they had equalization issues so didn't really get to see much of the reef.

Just be aware it is a little bit of a walk from the shop to the water (about 400 feet on Google Earth).