Driving to Cape Liberty. Which hotel?

I am driving to the port and using the port parking for the week. I am going to head out a day early and grab a hotel for the night. I have been looking at the ones in Elizabeth nj. Since I'm driving myself I technically could get a hotel a bit farther away from the port if there was anything worth while. But I wouldn't want to drive much more than a half hour to get to the port the next morning. So I'm hoping someone here has spent time in some of these hotels and can tell me a nice one. I want a hotel with a restaurant in it and possibly a hot tub in the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is your hotel budget? What is your exact date? What area are you driving in from?

Newark Airport is not a vacation destination and the hotels reflect that. As a balance between an expensive Manhattan hotel (don't forget the $50+ cost of lodging your car) and an airport hotel, look at the hotels in the Newport area of Jersey City - Courtyard, Doubletree, Hyatt and Westin. You can splurge on a room with a spectacular view of NYC. I believe the Westin has a 12th floor pool and hot tub with great NYC views. PATH trains will take you quickly into midtown or downtown NY and it's only $25 to lodge your car.

You might consider Andaz Wall Street - a concept by Hyatt. It's 10 miles from Elizabeth, NJ - about 38 minute drive with traffic. This hotel is modern and has a suite with a deep soaking tub that overlooks the bedroom plus a spa like bathroom with vessel sinks - very pretty. It also has a restaurant and bar. The prices are in the $360 range - not bad for the area for an upscale property.

• 3 weeks later...