Nachi Cocum Snorkeling

mkeymse

HI All,

I will be on the carnival victory 8/28 visiting Cozumel with my 14 yr old son. We were going back and forth between the secret river or nacho cocum. I've read great things for both places. Was wondering if anyone has ever added on the snorkeling at Nachi? Is it worth it? I thought maybe if we do Nachi Cocum and add snorkeling it might give us a little bit of everything? Any other suggestions are appreciated also :D

Folks next to us a while back added on the snorkeling and thought it was good and worth their time/$$

We have stopped at the Money bar for an hour or two of good snorkeling form the shore, enjoyed a drink while we dried off, and then taxied to another beach club for the rest of the day. You might look at that option.

Folks next to us a while back added on the snorkeling and thought it was good and worth their time/$$

We have stopped at the Money bar for an hour or two of good snorkeling form the shore, enjoyed a drink while we dried off, and then taxied to another beach club for the rest of the day. You might look at that option.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will look into it. Is this is a safe option just us?

Sure! :cool: Check their trip advisor reviews.

Money Bar is popular and there will be others there snorkeling. Taxi from the piers will run about $11. Lots of smaller boats bring snorkelers there - I always wear a brightly colored rash guard just in case.

When you are finished snorkeling, dried off, retrieved stuff from lockers if needed, and enjoyed a drink or two, then grab a taxi to Nachi -- fare should be about $12+

We did Nachi last November and added the snorkeling. The captain and dive guide were both friendly and attentive, and it was a nice day snorkeling although the reefs do look beat up in many places. We actually loved Nachi -- our teens boys asked to avoid the crowds and skip the inflatables at other spots, and had a great day hanging and relaxing at NC. My youngest and I spent time just snorkeling around off shore . Yes it's too sandy, and not any coral, but we saw tons of small fish, crabs, squid and other critters that kept us entertained.

That being said, this year (even though the rest of us would love to go back to NC) my husband has begged us to try something new, so we are doing the Money Bar for some early snorkeling (maybe) and then just exploring Cozumel before heading back early to enjoy the ship.

Edited by widallas
Corrected link