Voyager Ex Sydney sailing - Wine by glass pricing

Hi

Deciding on whether the 'Select' drink package would be suitable for our upcoming November sailing.

Does anybody that has sailed on Voyager ex Sydney know the pricing for wine by glass and also price for soft drink.

Currently the 'Select' drink package is at a 20% discount of $51.79 AUD per day if purchased online before departure.

When purchasing individual drinks onboard I realise the pricing will be in USD, so if anybody has info on wine and softdrink costs that will be appreciated.

I've read that the select package is good for wines up to $8 per glass value. I remember looking through a wine list (and honestly not being too impressed by the variety), and from memory glasses of wine were between $8 and $13 a glass.

Don't forget you can take 2 bottles of wine per stateroom onboard.

I've only recently booked our first cruise so I have no experience at all - everything I know is from reading here and other places online.

Thanks, I just found a blog by RCC which shows their pricing and

Sauvignon Blanc is $13.00 glass, so guessing that won't be included in the 'Select' Package

Not sure if the blog relates to Aus sailings or not, but is was updated as of June 2016

Edited by kazda

I just saw that if you want the more expensive glass you just pay the extra (so $5 for the sav Blanc). Do we then have to tip 18% on top of that as well?

On RC cruises operating downunder the menu price INCLUDES the 18%, so the price you see is the total - all on-board prices are in US$.

On our last cruise (Apr) we saw wine from $8 and up. Some days they had specials, like the small bottles (250ml??) for $10 (nor sure if they would be included in the packages??

I've read that the select package is good for wines up to $8 per glass value. I remember looking through a wine list (and honestly not being too impressed by the variety), and from memory glasses of wine were between $8 and $13 a glass.

A bit of pricing confusion, because they have different pricing in Australia and the rest of the world.

The $8 (and also $9 wines) covered are those in US prices, which have tips extra as to how they are priced.

In Australia the prices are adjusted to be inclusive of gratuities, so the price you see on the menu here will actually show as US~$9.50 for the same drink listed at $8 on a US menu.

Ah sorry about that - thanks for setting me straight.

I was reading in another thread that sometimes a 10 drink card is offered. I wonder if it covers all wines? I might buy one of them if I can - they were $79US, so probably about $95 aud?

edited to add: I'm planning on getting the royal replenish, then it will take me a few days (maybe a week) to drink the 2 bottles I take on board. I only have one or two glasses some evenings with dinner, so the alcohol package doesn't make sense for me to buy. My DH doesn't drink at all (but will have at least 4 coffees a day). Then after my bottles are gone I'll buy by the glass.

Edited by CupcakeSusie