Amsterdam or Copenhagen??

Amsterdam, hands down.

It has more of a big city feeling compared to Copenhagen but is cosy at the same time, if that makes any sense.

I have been there 4 times now and so far I had a great experience every time.

But Copenhagen is also wonderful and is not so far behind as our friend from Aalesund suggest :D

Why the hotels In Amsterdam should be better I don't understand.

The only places where I will agree 100% is prices and flight/trains connections but I don't think that people chooses destinations on these 3 parameters.

But to be clear, my personal favourite is Amsterdam but you won't get disappointed by Copenhagen either.

Amsterdam, hands down.

It has more of a big city feeling compared to Copenhagen but is cosy at the same time, if that makes any sense.

I have been there 4 times now and so far I had a great experience every time.

But Copenhagen is also wonderful and is not so far behind as our friend from Aalesund suggest :D

Why the hotels In Amsterdam should be better I don't understand.

The only places where I will agree 100% is prices and flight/trains connections but I don't think that people chooses destinations on these 3 parameters.

But to be clear, my personal favourite is Amsterdam but you won't get disappointed by Copenhagen either.

Copenhagen is wonderful and I go there often:-)...Good restaurants, nice shopping and sights, very helpful and happy people:D

I think Amsterdam has more diverse hotels. More 5 star hotels.

I love Danish design but Dutch is that little notch higher.

The reason I mentioned the price/connection with flights/trains was because I know the OP plan to travel with parent in wheelchair;)

Our cruise is Copenhagen to Copenhagen, but we are actually flying to Amsterdam and spending a couple of days there before our cruise. SAS has $72 flight from Amsterdam to Copenhagen, so we'll do Amsterdam before the cruise and Copenhagen after the cruise. The one issue we saw with Amsterdam to Amsterdam for a Scandinavian cruise is that it adds to days at sea and cuts down on ports. For some, who like days at sea, I suppose that is a plus.