The Bridge: QM2 Have some Newbie questions

SuricateNantais

Hello Everyone

To begin with, please cope with my sometimes aproximative English, we French people are not known for our language skills :D

I have read a lot of interesting things here and all the questions I had have found an answer so far but one.

First let me say I have never been on a cruise, neither have I the money to put on such a thing for the moment even if my Wife and I have always dreamed of cruising and were planning to take the leap at one moment or another

I was lucky enough to win a contest that granted my wife and me a Balcony Loggia Britannia cabin on this very particular transatlantic cruise: The Bridge

The cunard rules seem to be a little bit modified for this cruise as for instance regarding gratuities that are included in the fare. That does not mean we would not be giving a little something to crew members (after all this cruise would have cost us nothing) but this is not what I was concerned with.

When I won this, I already knew dressing would be the most difficult part.

I don't mind putting on a Tux or suit but my wife would not put a dress on even if her life would depend on it. The only exception she has ever made was her wedding dress. I would not develop reasons here that involve esteem issues and so on but she just thinks dresses make her look awful.

I was quite happy to read on the cunard website that smart pants were considered Formal for women as she has some really neat pants and quite nice tops so I thought problem was solved as I also read here that pants (not jeans for godness sake!) were allowed for formal nights for woman.

But now here comes the problem, we have received the schedule from the company that made us win the trip, including the dress code. They speak about two formal nights and they just say cocktail or long dress for woman (despite what is said on the cunard website). They seem to have taken this from the "life on board" leaflet for this particular cruise.

Now the question is simple, would my wife be denied access to britannia restaurant on this two formal nights if she is dressed with her black or white pants and a nice top ?

My husband and I were on the last section of the QM2 world cruise this year from Dubai to Southampton. I can assure that that your wife will not look out of place wearing pants and a nice top for the formal nights. She could also add an evening shawl. We were in the Princess Grills and there were women doing exactly that. Please just relax and enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello Everyone

To begin with, please cope with my sometimes aproximative English, we French people are not known for our language skills :D

I was lucky enough to win a contest that granted my wife and me a Balcony Loggia Britannia cabin on this very particular transatlantic cruise: The Bridge

The cunard rules seem to be a little bit modified for this cruise as for instance regarding gratuities that are included in the fare. That does not mean we would not be giving a little something to crew members (after all this cruise would have cost us nothing) but this is not what I was concerned with.

Dear SuricateNantais,

First you wrote very well your message of concern.

We will be taking the QM2 on the sailing after yours on the 1st of July. Congratulations on your Win and Bon Voyage on your voyage. We too heard about the TA race and will be following it thru that week.

Yes we agree, though certain cruises include tips, we do acknowledge those crew members that go above and beyond servicing us during our trips. They do appreciate being recognized.

Enjoy your Sailing Across the Pond...