Tour with child outside of London

My husband and I are going to be in London for 3 days in August with our 10 year old grandson, is there a tour company that is good for families with children that could take us on a day trip out to Stonehenge? We have been there but our grandson has not what other fun things could we see on a day trip? He is very well behaved but I know some people travel to get away from children.

Thanks

I recently did Stonehenge, Windsor, Oxford with Golden tours. There were children in our group be aware there is a lot of Bus time.

I was very impressed with Windsor and we were there for the changing of the guard which is much more up close and personal than Buckingham palace. I believe there are half-day tous just to Stonehenge so that may be a better choice if none of the combo tours would hold his interest.

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from our cruise, during which we spent 6 days pre-cruise in London and one day post. I have a 15 year old who is well behave but can be easily bored. I used London Country Tours for two days of touring and can highly recommend David Stubbs. http://www.londoncountrytours.co.uk/

He can take you anywhere! We did not use him for Stonehenge (which was a big mistake!) although he can easily do Stonehenge - he drove us past it and had offered it to me as an option when we planning my tour. He took us through the countryside to visit some of the Harry Potter sites in Lacock, and then we visited the Costwolds which was one of the best days we had on our trip. We also used him for a day to see Harry Potter sites in London. He is great!

• 2 weeks later...

Stonehenge is a longish way and a very long walk when you arrive. Unless he has been to London before take a London open top bus tour. They are everywhere and you can get on and off at will throughout the city. A ticket lasts for a full 24 hours I believe, so if you buy a ticket at midday one day you can use it again the following morning. So much to see and visit in London there must be something to interest a ten year old. Otherwise Harry Potter world of Legoland?

• 2 months later...

My children ages 12 & 8 at the time loved London. One thing that we enjoyed was a London Walks Harry Potter Tour, it was in the evening, inexpensive. Great sights and information for both adults and children. Tower of London, London Eye, Hampton Court Palace were also great.

I would take him here

http://www.bekonscot.co.uk

It's a short train ride away, and great fun.

Each to his own I guess... I've lived all my life within a couple of miles of Bekonscot and went there for the first time this year with our little-un. I thought it was nothing better than ok and relatively expensive at £10.00 for something that took less than an hour even if you stopped for a coffee. They even charge an additional £1 each to ride on their miniature train.