Seat Selection

Tomorrow is 90 days from my return flight for my Cruise on Thomson Dream but i haven't had any mail from Thomson to say from when i can select my seats - do i need this or if i log into flight-extras will i be able to select seats regardless of having an e-mail from Thomsons or not ??

Ta

cheers , i know the page to go to but i was just curious as to whether Thomsons told you from when you could select (obv not) , anyway minute after 12 tonight hopefully i'll be sorted - will let you know what rows etc... are blocked off from selection as per your request on a previous thread

Edited by Iain1873

thanks iain

they did send me an email confirmation showing which seats i had selected pretty quickly :cool:......my fight is really filling up now...virtually everyone must have paid the fee to select

presume you can keep logging on then and see how the spaces are filling up ?

What a complete and utter shambles , trying to book select my seats which i have already paid for and it wants to charge me £60 again , looks like i'll have to wait for the shop to open to select then or find out whats going on !!

Geo for you info the following seats were blocked off when i tried to select seats :

side seats rows 1 through to 17

centre seats rows 1 through to 11

back of the plane all seats in rows 37-39

Iain

what a shambles...how disappointing for you...yes that website can be very clunky! I do wish that thoms would spend some (of our cash) on getting this shambolic system working half decently!

thanks for the info on seats...as I suspected? pretty much the same as our flight (quite a lot of seats that are unselectable?):mad:

I really think Thomson should abandon this seat reservation business and go back to allocating them at the airport on a first come first served basis. It seems to be causing unnecessary stress on what is supposed to be a relaxing holiday experience. I also think we should be given proper tickets and boarding cards and not expected to do all this work ourselves!

Not likely to happen though, is it? Thomson are making too much money out of it!

Got through to Thomson Cruises , they confirm i have paid for select your own seat however as i changed the hotel i will be in for the "stay" part of my holiday when tabbing through it in the store they haven't "clicked" that i'd paid to select seats therefore thats why they are trying to charge me again ....... but she couldn't do anything and i need to call the shop at 9am .....thats just now !!

I have read on another site that if someone is booked on a 7 day cruise they get to select their seats a week before someone travelling out on the same flight but staying 14 days and returning a week later

When this is pointed out it is obvious but I had not even thought about it .When I reserved our seats quite early on the 90th day a lot of seats had already gone and I thought then that it was a bit odd , now I know why, the seats had been taken by people only staying 7 days

.Had everyone else realised this or am I the only dim one .

Finally got through to the shop at 9.27am - to be advised they open at 9.30am (web site says 9.00am) and that i would be called back , they have just called back to say they have a problem with the system and will call me back later on today meanwhile i can see seats beginning to be booked , and have already lost out on my prefered row - no issue at the moment as the row behind is still free but thats not really the point ......

Edited by Iain1873

well done iain...what a debacle!!....now you can kick back relax and count down the days in peace and harmony:)....wont be long once the seats are booked ....soon be on that beach....gentle sea breeze on your face ...beer at your elbow......:cool::cool:..... (just the online checkin to get thru now);):)

well done iain...what a debacle!!....now you can kick back relax and count down the days in peace and harmony:)....wont be long once the seats are booked ....soon be on that beach....gentle sea breeze on your face ...beer at your elbow......:cool::cool:..... (just the online checkin to get thru now);):)

the beer will be in hand at the airport !! :D

I have read on another site that if someone is booked on a 7 day cruise they get to select their seats a week before someone travelling out on the same flight but staying 14 days and returning a week later

When this is pointed out it is obvious but I had not even thought about it .When I reserved our seats quite early on the 90th day a lot of seats had already gone and I thought then that it was a bit odd , now I know why, the seats had been taken by people only staying 7 days

I realised that a while back and people paying more money Thomson get less choice

Yes I actually filed an official complaint to Thomson and got back a 'nice' acknowledgement saying thank you for your complaint, it is being dealt with promptly.

That was April this year and STILL waiting for a proper response

Yes I actually filed an official complaint to Thomson and got back a 'nice' acknowledgement saying thank you for your complaint, it is being dealt with promptly.

That was April this year and STILL waiting for a proper response

Sorry if this is a really silly question but do your comments mean that the flight seats get booked up really early on all Thomson cruise flights?

We are looking at booking a Canary island cruise for the end of November and although it's not a really long flight I wouldn't want to be sat on my own as I don't fly well! These comments are making me think we won't be able to book seats together so late on - or is it only on the Carribbean cruises that this is a problem? We normally like to get the leg room seats, but the most important thing is that we are together!