Seat Selection

We are going on a cruise at the end of November and have reserved our seats Try on line or with your T A, if you booked in a travel shop ,there will probably be some left because not all passengers resrve their seats

we are flying from Gatwick 13th jan(Cuban fusion) just curious as to why the flight going doesn't seem to have many bought seats as to when we are coming back? is this because you will see enough of your OH on the cruise so being apart on the flight there might not be so bad lol:)

Booked! :D

I called and checked and they had extra space seats together on the way there. Stupidly I didn't think to check for the way back so we are going to be across the aisle from each other on the way back. It always annoys me when they say across the aisle seats are classed as being together - no, they are across the aisle and therefore not together!

Oh well, will just have to hope that the person next to me doesn't mind my head in their arm pit for the duration of the flight! :eek:

Probably should have booked standard seats for the way back, but by them Mr C had gone off to the pub to celebrate having booked a cruise and left me to it - oops!

Booked! :D

I called and checked and they had extra space seats together on the way there. Stupidly I didn't think to check for the way back so we are going to be across the aisle from each other on the way back. It always annoys me when they say across the aisle seats are classed as being together - no, they are across the aisle and therefore not together!

Oh well, will just have to hope that the person next to me doesn't mind my head in their arm pit for the duration of the flight! :eek:

Probably should have booked standard seats for the way back, but by them Mr C had gone off to the pub to celebrate having booked a cruise and left me to it - oops!

I get annoyed with the across the aisle nonsense as well , worse still is that they consider seats in front / behind each other as seats together !!!

Thomson seat allocation issues were mentioned in holiday which. Apparently you can't book the isle and middle seats because the remaining window seat is difficult to sell or allocate. They do consider across isle or seats behind others as a form of being together.

Does anyone know if you can pay to change seats that are automatically allocated to you once you check in online with Thomson Airways. I know you can at my airline.

I'm considering taking the risk and seeing what I am allocated first and if the seats are not together, and there are available seats tougher, then paying to change them. The seating allocation algorithm on Thomson Airways seems to be happy to split people up who haven't paid for seating judging from their Facebook page.

We went to Florida a few years back and we had great flights, but we paid over £50 for allocated seats on an empty 767. Don't want to waste the money this time if we can get away with it.

Does anyone know if you can pay to change seats that are automatically allocated to you once you check in online with Thomson Airways. I know you can at my airline.

I'm considering taking the risk and seeing what I am allocated first and if the seats are not together, and there are available seats tougher, then paying to change them. The seating allocation algorithm on Thomson Airways seems to be happy to split people up who haven't paid for seating judging from their Facebook page.

We went to Florida a few years back and we had great flights, but we paid over £50 for allocated seats on an empty 767. Don't want to waste the money this time if we can get away with it.

I think you can. I'm sure when I looked at the seats there was a message giving you a telephone number if you wanted to change them. Hopefully someone with a better memory than me will be able to confirm this.

I checked in yesterday for our flight to Corfu next week. Could only do it seven days before departure as I did not pay to select seats. Our seats were allocated together (one window and one middle - which we like) and I accepted them. However, there were plenty of seats together elsewhere in the plane and when I clicked on them it came up with "select seat no. ... £9.50" which would then be added to your account at the side of the page. This sum was for one seat per person each way which, in our case, was £38.00. Don't know if different flights have different seat prices.:)

Edited by skioncruises

I think flights to the Caribbean are more expensive.

Yes the long haul are more expensive Linda - I think it was & £25 p.p. last time we went. We often don't bother for shorter flights but for 8/9 hours we prefer to sit together. Our friends never bother paying though and have always been given seats together.

But I think the seating plan can make that more or less likely. A 3-3-3 arrangement is bound to throw up more one-behind-the-other and across aisle splits if most passengers are travelling as couples.

We quite like the across the aisle seats - when they tally. On one flight Ray's seat was a little in front of mine across the aisle which made the hand holding for take off and landing a little awkward. He can stretch his bad leg in the aisle when the trolley dollies are out of it. We have always paid for seats until this last one on Spirit, and we sat together in good seats without paying. Agree I will prefer to pay for long haul flights still though. Around £70 for the 2 of us which is a bit steep.

I know what you mean about the seats being off-set across the aisle - isn't so good is it and also makes the 'sitting together' bit with cross aisle seats a bit more of an iffy description really.

But is that the price of the Caribbean flights now - £70? Sure it was only £50 a year ago! That's quite an increase! :(

Thanks for that confirmation gillhalfpint - that's still a 20% increase in less than a year. Bit steep! Still I suppose they have to make their profits somewhere and if not on seat bookings it would be on something else - at least we have a choice on whether or not to literally buy into this or not.