Xmas on thomson ships

when do thomson decorate their ships for christmas, going on the majesty 5/12 and wondered if they tree would be up!!!!!

We left the Dream on 8th Dec last year after the TA and the Christmas decorations including tree were up then. They'd been doing them during the cruise so I would expect them to be up on Majesty by the 5th.

We left the Dream on 8th Dec last year after the TA and the Christmas decorations including tree were up then. They'd been doing them during the cruise so I would expect them to be up on Majesty by the 5th.

You'd have been a bit wet if you'd left that day kruzseeka as the rest of us disembarked on the 15th ;)

Edited by BaggersCruising

You'd have been a bit wet if you'd left that day kruzseeka as the rest of us disembarked on the 15th ;)

:eek::eek: Sure would - that's the date of the return of another trip I was eyeing up for this year - but didn't follow up on. Another moment!!!!! :confused: I should have remembered though as it was a bit of a hectic run up to Christmas once we got back. Hmmmm...... so in response to the OP's question my thoughts may not be valid at all. Sorry! Hope for your sake disneyfans4 that they will be already in the Christmas spirit. :):)

:eek::eek: Sure would - that's the date of the return of another trip I was eyeing up for this year - but didn't follow up on. Another moment!!!!! :confused: I should have remembered though as it was a bit of a hectic run up to Christmas once we got back. Hmmmm...... so in response to the OP's question my thoughts may not be valid at all. Sorry! Hope for your sake disneyfans4 that they will be already in the Christmas spirit. :):)

Hehe, it was a bit manic after returning. This year, we don't land back 'til Christmas Eve, so don't have to worry about doing anything when we get back!

Oh hang on, that means we've gotta get it sorted before we go.....drat!

Hehe, it was a bit manic after returning. This year, we don't land back 'til Christmas Eve, so don't have to worry about doing anything when we get back!

Oh hang on, that means we've gotta get it sorted before we go.....drat!

I'd forgotten you were going again this year - well...... there's something to be said for getting back so close to Christmas - once you leave there's no point in bothering about it anymore. If our Christmas arrangements could have fitted I would have liked to have been coming too! Hope your pre-planning goes well and you have a brill time. I'll be imagining you there! ;)

We did the Dream TA crossing 2 or 3 years ago and were disappointed that they didn't put them up until the day we disembarked.

I'd forgotten you were going again this year - well...... there's something to be said for getting back so close to Christmas - once you leave there's no point in bothering about it anymore. If our Christmas arrangements could have fitted I would have liked to have been coming too! Hope your pre-planning goes well and you have a brill time. I'll be imagining you there! ;)

Thank you, we're certainly looking forward to it, and we've got the DP this year, so don't have to worry about the bill at the end!

What get's done before we go get's done. Anything else that we'd forgotten about won't, and certainly won't be worrying about it once we're on our way to the airport hehe.

IIRC they started putting the decorations up on the actual crossing over last year didn't they, which would have been towards the end of November?

Hadn't dawned on me that the Christmas decorations might be up, on Dream 6th December I have been so focused on holiday that Christmas has not been on my mind although I have bought all prezzies and made sure they are where they need to be for Christmas day. Writing and sending cards this week.

Thank you, we're certainly looking forward to it, and we've got the DP this year, so don't have to worry about the bill at the end!

What get's done before we go get's done. Anything else that we'd forgotten about won't, and certainly won't be worrying about it once we're on our way to the airport hehe.

IIRC they started putting the decorations up on the actual crossing over last year didn't they, which would have been towards the end of November?

Yes - that would be consistent with my 'evidence'! :D Just had a look at some pics I took on board - earliest date I could see some decorations was 29th Nov in Argo and MDR was 2nd Dec. They could have been up earlier - but that's the first time I got a photo with them in. I guess they would have been up more or less all round the ship by the beginning of December judging by that.

Hadn't dawned on me that the Christmas decorations might be up, on Dream 6th December I have been so focused on holiday that Christmas has not been on my mind although I have bought all prezzies and made sure they are where they need to be for Christmas day. Writing and sending cards this week.

As the ship's in wet dock for a week before we all get on board, the staff might put them up then. Or they might not lol.

Yes - that would be consistent with my 'evidence'! :D Just had a look at some pics I took on board - earliest date I could see some decorations was 29th Nov in Argo and MDR was 2nd Dec. They could have been up earlier - but that's the first time I got a photo with them in. I guess they would have been up more or less all round the ship by the beginning of December judging by that.

As the ship's in wet dock for a week before we all get on board, the staff might put them up then. Or they might not lol.

I hope they do put them up how exciting, new ship (new to me as haven't been on the Dream before) the Caribbean and Christmas Decorations :D:D I have been considering taking my Christmas jumper to wear on the flight home.

I hope they do put them up how exciting, new ship (new to me as haven't been on the Dream before) the Caribbean and Christmas Decorations :D:D I have been considering taking my Christmas jumper to wear on the flight home.

You should, seeing as it'll be Christmas Eve when we all land back in the UK! Which flight are you on?

Enjoy - hope you have a fab time. ;)

We're on the Gatwick flight but not the Dreamliner one!

The put our flight back a couple of hours. We're not bothered, gives us an extra couple of hours to enjoy the drinks package :D:D:D

Sounds like it's one of the few times a flight time change has a positive benefit ;)

when do thomson decorate their ships for christmas, going on the majesty 5/12 and wondered if they tree would be up!!!!!

If they are anything like the shops in Norwich, the tree will have been up since August!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If they are anything like the shops in Norwich, the tree will have been up since August!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was down your way last week at Norwich and the Thursford Christmas Extravaganza. They certainly do know how to decorate for Christmas at Thursford and btw it was an absolutely, fabulous show.

I was down your way last week at Norwich and the Thursford Christmas Extravaganza. They certainly do know how to decorate for Christmas at Thursford and btw it was an absolutely, fabulous show.

We're off to Thursford in a couple of weeks. Our 4th year in a row - that's how good it is. Different show content every year. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.