Progreso with a 5 year old....

J_Viggy

What do you recommend for me, my husband and 5 y.o. daughter? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Chichen Itza, buy I'm not sure the 2.5 hour bus ride each way will lead to a happy little one.

I'm considering Dzibilchultan, to get to see some ruins, quicker trip there, and then swimming in the cenote there.

My husband thinks we should to a beach resort trip, because we know for sure our daughter loves swimming and will enjoy that. But we will be in Cozumel doing a beach day the next day, so I'm leaning towards wanting to see some ruins just to keep things interesting.

Thoughts?

We winter near Progreso and just spent a week with our 6 year old grandson. We have the luxury of a rental car so we could set our own schedule. He liked Dzibilchultan because of swimming in the cenote. He is not afraid of water, but is not a strong swimmer yet. We also spent a day on the beach at Progreso. He had a great time. We like Eladios because of the botanas and you could see the beach.

The 6 year old and his 8 year old cousin stayed at home with grandma and grandpa while their older siblings and parents went to Chichen Itza on another.

Xcambo ruins and El corchito Cenote

Take a tour or hire a taxi driver,shouldn't be more than $20 per person since everything is very close. You can talk with representatives from autoprogreso

Sent from my Le Pan S using Forums mobile app

We did Dzibilchaltun at the time with a 4 and 2 year old. They weren't that excited by the ruins, but loved the cenote! And the trip over and back wasn't bad either. They both slept the ride back. If you do this take water shoes as some of the rocks to get down into the cenote are slick.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Uxmal would be better than Chichen Itza, it's a little closer but you don't have to fight off all the vendors hassling you. If it were a young boy they'd probably think all the machine guns are cool though.