See Antigua by Sea

fishman620

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back and did this tour. A couple of pointers though, make sure that you sit on the starboard side of the boat. Everything that you need to see is on that side with the exception of sailing into Green Island. We missed a lot! Also, expect to get wet if you are sitting near the front or along each side. When the boat goes around the North side of the island its pretty choppy. If you have a water proof bag, bring it. If not make sure that you put everything into ziploc bags. The beach on the island that they bring you to is not very big and there is a lot of sea grass in the area. I didn't snorkel with the group but those that went enjoyed it very much. The food was cooked on the back of the boat and was served buffet style. It was good. Go and have fun!

We took the See Antigua by Sea this past week on the Legend of the Seas. We have snorkeled many, many islands and this was by far the worst we have ever seen. The reef is dead except for a few brain coral and there are very few fish. It was quite a swim to get to the reef, so the exercise was great! Everyone was very dissappointed in the snorkeling. Otherwise, The crew was great and entertaining. Food and drinks were good and plentiful. Antigua is absolutely gorgeous by sea, so we are extremely glad we did the trip. Agree with sitting either on the top of the cat or starboard side to see the views. I would not take the trip again, but it was enjoyable and very low key. Just be aware the snorkeling is not good.

Lauri