What whiskeys are stocked on Eurodam?

mr.roboto

You can also check what is available by bottle to purchase for delivery to cabin. The bars will probably follow that list. Whisky (Scotch or Canadian) or Whiskey (the rest) and then there's Bourbon. Looking forward to trying out the Tatoosh Bourbon since it's local (sort of) and a lot less expensive to sample a glass onboard than a $40 bottle + $20 tax on shore.

Interestingly (or disappointingly) there is no Brandy under the Brandy, Armagnac, Cognac category. Just Cognacs and one Armagnac. Same on the purchase for cabin list but all the Cognacs start at $100. American Brandy (if they had it) would run $40-50 a bottle.

Here's the list from the Crow's Nest in December.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s88/sh/08b0000d-60cb-4efc-9ad0-a3fa8b1b0c13/4fb5426dfe13b798a7725cdd922264d1

The Gallery Bar and the Pinnacle Bar had additional selections of brown liquor. The list in the PDF at the link was pretty much everywhere. Also everywhere but not on the list was Wild Turkey 101. If I recall correctly, Baker's and Bookers was around and possibly Basil Haydn. I kinda stopped as long as there was Maker's Mark and ice.

Thanks to all that have contributed to making my upcoming cruise more enjoyable. Although my favorite beers, bourbons and ports are not on the list, I think I will still be able to put up with what is available.

Thanks to all that have contributed to making my upcoming cruise more enjoyable. Although my favorite beers, bourbons and ports are not on the list, I think I will still be able to put up with what is available.

Tell everyone that you are "roughing it." Just like the early pioneers.

You can also check what is available by bottle to purchase for delivery to cabin. The bars will probably follow that list. Whisky (Scotch or Canadian) or Whiskey (the rest) and then there's Bourbon. Looking forward to trying out the Tatoosh Bourbon since it's local (sort of) and a lot less expensive to sample a glass onboard than a $40 bottle + $20 tax on shore.

Interestingly (or disappointingly) there is no Brandy under the Brandy, Armagnac, Cognac category. Just Cognacs and one Armagnac. Same on the purchase for cabin list but all the Cognacs start at $100. American Brandy (if they had it) would run $40-50 a bottle.

And the Cognac offerings are very limited (said....as a Cognac lover). There are dozens of interesting cognacs....but on HAL you generally are stuck with the usual Courvoisier and Remy choices. Totally boring! Since the shelf life of Cognac (and most whiskeys) is very long (years) there is no reason why HAL cannot stock a larger selection.

And while we are on our "soapbox" here is another related issue. Last August, we were on the Zuiderdam for 24 days (Northern Europe). Every night they would have a 10-11pm Happy Hour in the Northern Lights Disco bar. We used to hang out in the nearby piano bar where there was no happy hour...so every evening I would walk over to the Northern Lights Disco and order a double Courvoisier VSOP (one of the few cognacs aboard). But the Northern Lights Disco bar had no bottles of Cognac! So one of their bar staff (and there were only 2 or 3) would have to leave the bar and walk to another bar just to get my drink (at Happy Hour prices). After a few nights of this I asked the bar tender if it would make sense to simply keep a bottle at their bar...since I was buying a double every night. He told me that he had made that suggestion to the Beverage Manager...who rejected the request. So every night I would have to wait about 10 min while the waiter went to find my cognac. After a week, he would take off (looking for Cognac) as soon as I walked into the bar (I did not even have to order the drink). At the end of the cruise I did slip him a nice tip...but the entire exercise seemed ridiculous. When you have a bar...it should be properly stocked!

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Having spent many years in the Food & Beverage industry, it is hard to understand bad customer service issues. It is the one thing that would set one business above others to build business. If I have issues in this same area, I have no qualms about approaching and talking to the on-board beverage manager and getting my issue resolved. Hopefully I won't have to and will be happy during this cruise.