kauai help

sassygurl

we will be in kauai in September 10 am Thursday to 2pm Friday. We have a Blue Hawaiian heircopter tour from 2-5pm(with travel) was hoping to golf after at Puakeo but I think it will be to late. Our second day is way stumps me, I wanted to go to Waimea Canyon and Spouting horn but I have read Hanalei bay is a must see. If we see these from the air should we travel by car also or do something different

Hanalei Beach is very pretty and usually not crowded, but traffic to and from the north side of the island can be very heavy plus parking can be a problem. I'd do the canyon unless it's raining (the views can be obscured by clouds on a rainy day). Get an early start and drive all the way to the top of the canyon first, then stop at the various viewing points on the way back down. A unique spot to stop after leaving the canyon might be the Russian Fort Elizabeth in Waimea just after you reach the main highway. You can then go to Spouting Horn, (interesting, though not spectacular) after leaving the canyon Our personal preference is to head for the Beach House restaurant on Lawai Road in Koloa for lunch (it's actually on the road heading towards Spouting Horn). It has good food and a spectacular setting right on a perfect little bay.

Yes, the south shore area around Poipu/Kaloa is normally sunnier and drier than the north shore. However, keep in mind that the mountain areas in Kauai have the 2nd heaviest annual rainfall in the world, over 450 inches/year! September is usually not the peak rainy season - starts later in October/November, so hopefully you'll get plenty of sunshine.

Yes, the south shore area around Poipu/Kaloa is normally sunnier and drier than the north shore. However, keep in mind that the mountain areas in Kauai have the 2nd heaviest annual rainfall in the world, over 450 inches/year! September is usually not the peak rainy season - starts later in October/November, so hopefully you'll get plenty of sunshine.

Makes sense. That's why it's so lush.:)