Christiansted

naugelli

Are you there on Sunday? Or during the week? I've heard a lot is closed on Sunday, so that may affect your decision.

We will be there on the Summit on a Sunday in a couple of weeks. We are taking a taxi to Christiansted for a half-day Buck Island tour, then we are hoping to have a nice lunch and do some shopping in Christiansted afterward since we'll be there anyway. I know at least some restaurants are open, but I don't know about shops. I've read that Christiansted is much cuter and nicer than Fredricksted, but don't know from personal experience.

I'm also wondering about this....

Fredricksted's revitalized waterfront has had some serious investment in recent years according to O

P and does look inviting. We are considering just staying there, and include a stroll (or taxi if walk gets too long for in laws) towards Rainbow beach. Any additional comments appreciated.

Cheers,

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 4 weeks later...
Are you there on Sunday? Or during the week? I've heard a lot is closed on Sunday, so that may affect your decision.

We will be there on the Summit on a Sunday in a couple of weeks. We are taking a taxi to Christiansted for a half-day Buck Island tour, then we are hoping to have a nice lunch and do some shopping in Christiansted afterward since we'll be there anyway. I know at least some restaurants are open, but I don't know about shops. I've read that Christiansted is much cuter and nicer than Fredricksted, but don't know from personal experience.

Are you back yet? If so, I would love to hear what you did and how it worked out. I want to go to Christiansted also, and don't care about shops as long as I can look at the fort and restored buildings. (We'll be on Summit on a Sunday too.)

Edited by roothy123

• 4 weeks later...