Critique our plan/help fill in the blanks

BeachMartini

Hi all,

Hoping the BDA pros might want to comment on our plan for late July on the NCL Dawn. I have a couple of questions too. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Two couples in our mid-30s, did this cruise last summer, for me and my husband, out 4th trip.

Day 1, Sunday, arrive ~1pm

Taxi to and from HSB (25% surcharge Sunday but want to maximize time)

Have a few off ship drinks in the Dockyard after dinner on ship

Day 2, Monday

First ferry to St. Georges

Taxi to Tobacco Bay (when the men get restless they can explore the Fort!)

**This is where I have some trouble. We want to get to the beach before it fills up but also want time to explore St. Georges. We plan to head to The Original Swizzle, just not sure if we should walk (will be hot!) or taxi to St. George first before we taxi to Swizzle**

Lunch at Swizzle Inn

Taxi (or bus?) to Hamilton

Shop/explore Hamilton

Ferry back to Dockyard

Day 3

Taxi to Somerset Bridge Watersports

9:45 am-1:45pm Boston Whaler rental

Taxi back to Dockyard

Afternoon tea at Dockyard Pastry Shop/shopping at Dockyard

All aboard by 5pm

Thoughts? Thank you!

On day one, if the "Beach Bus" is operating and you can jump right on, it won't take any longer than a cab and will be WAY LESS $$$$. On day 2, I' take the bus back to Hamilton from St George's. Won't take you but a few minutes longer than a cab and who knows what conversation you might engage in with a few Bermudians. (And it will be MUCH less $$$ than a cab). In Hamilton, check out the cathedral, the museum and take a stroll through the Park. You won't need to allow too much time for shopping. Some other posters who may fancy themselves as "Bermuda experts" may disagree about using the bus, but we find one of the charms of traveling around Bermuda is the bus and the folks who are on it.

Edited by marco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Day 2, Monday

First ferry to St. Georges

Taxi to Tobacco Bay (when the men get restless they can explore the Fort!)

**This is where I have some trouble. We want to get to the beach before it fills up but also want time to explore St. Georges. We plan to head to The Original Swizzle, just not sure if we should walk (will be hot!) or taxi to St. George first before we taxi to Swizzle**

Lunch at Swizzle Inn

Taxi (or bus?) to Hamilton

Shop/explore Hamilton

Ferry back to Dockyard

Hi all again, I'm hoping someone can help us with our second day plans to go to St. George's and then onto Hamilton.

We are planning to take the earliest ferry from the dockyard over to St. George. I'm nervous that Tobacco Bay will fill up so I want to get there as soon as we can. We will be there at the end of July so it will be hot, I was planning to have our group of four take a quick cab to the beach from the ferry.

After we're done with the beach, I'm not quite sure what to do. We want to eventually end up in Hamilton to walk around, do some shopping and then take the ferry back to the ship. My friend wants to have lunch at the original Swizzle Inn on the way. We went to the South Shore location last year. Is it much different or is it kind of like you see one you've seen them both?

I'm asking because I'm not sure if we are better off having lunch and walking around the town of St. George instead before heading to Hamilton. If we do go to the Swizzle, I'm not sure how to time it. We will be running to get to the beach as quickly as possible in the morning so we won't see much of the town. Should we head back into the town of St. George before heading towards Hamilton or should we just go right there? Is there a lot to see in town? It's been many many years since I have been in St. George when it wasn't a Sunday.

If we do decide to hang out in St. George instead of going to the Swizzle, what's the best way to get out to Hamilton? Take the bus? How much would a cab be?

Thanks!

Hi all again, I'm hoping someone can help us with our second day plans to go to St. George's and then onto Hamilton.

We are planning to take the earliest ferry from the dockyard over to St. George. I'm nervous that Tobacco Bay will fill up so I want to get there as soon as we can. We will be there at the end of July so it will be hot, I was planning to have our group of four take a quick cab to the beach from the ferry.

After we're done with the beach, I'm not quite sure what to do. We want to eventually end up in Hamilton to walk around, do some shopping and then take the ferry back to the ship. My friend wants to have lunch at the original Swizzle Inn on the way. We went to the South Shore location last year. Is it much different or is it kind of like you see one you've seen them both?

I'm asking because I'm not sure if we are better off having lunch and walking around the town of St. George instead before heading to Hamilton. If we do go to the Swizzle, I'm not sure how to time it. We will be running to get to the beach as quickly as possible in the morning so we won't see much of the town. Should we head back into the town of St. George before heading towards Hamilton or should we just go right there? Is there a lot to see in town? It's been many many years since I have been in St. George when it wasn't a Sunday.

If we do decide to hang out in St. George instead of going to the Swizzle, what's the best way to get out to Hamilton? Take the bus? How much would a cab be?

Thanks!

The menus at the two Swizzle Inn locations are identical so unless you feel compelled to see the original location or really love the food, you could easily skip it and go elsewhere.

I'd go back to St.George, walk around town and try a different restaurant such as Wahoo's.

If you want to goto Hamilton you can take the #1,3,10 or 11 bus from St. George.

Off hand a taxi would probably cost close to $50 for 1-4 passengers.

Edited by njhorseman