Jan/ feb 2016 release dates?

never any free or reduced ai packages on dream in caribbean....sometimes they give free obc for early bookers

I think celebration does have an offer of ai for £10pp on caribbean itineraries

cant remember when the caribbean brochure comes out....thinks its around dec/jan?...not sure?

Thanks geo, we was lucky to get the free drinks package on the majesty in aug, and will have it free on dream in July. However not noticed it free on carriabean cruises, looking at thompson celebration for jan/ feb 2016, either carribean treasures/tropical delights, or carribean treasures/ Latin gems. It's a difference of three ports. One goes to pointe a pitre/ Guadeloupe, Kingston / st Vincent and the grenadines, Scarborough/ Tobago , other goes to kralendijk/ Bonaire , Willemstad/ curaçao , Oranjestad / Aruba.

I'd probably go for the one doing Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire just for contrast - they are rather different in style and feel from the Eastern Islands. Personally I prefer the second group to the first but but you can't go far wrong wherever you go in the Caribbean imo! ;)

Edited by kruzseeka

No Free AI in the Caribbean , although Celebration did do it for £10pppd , no offers from the Dream , not even a Beer package :-(

Jan/Feb 2016 should be available on-line around the last week in November of last year was anything to go by.

tbh all the stops in caribbean have got something great going for them whatever your personal prefferences may be?

bonaire/aruba/curacau americanised/mediterenised pretty resorts, something available for everyone

st vincents/tobabgo/antigua/st lucia/grenada v typically caribbean with laid back atmosphere and relaxing beaches/beach bars

st maartin, shopping, shopping and more shopping and st kitts is quite good for shopping too

st barths....very pretty harbour v french but dont go shopping here whatever you do...unless you are donald trump

tortola/dominica both stunning natural undeveloped islands with great scenery and wildlife/sealife

have never been to guadeloupe?....its on my list tho;)

beware of caribbean...its addictive....you just cant stop untill you have covered all the islands:cool:

We went to Guadeloupe once but there was a National Strike so excursions limited (if at all - can't remember exactly) but as petrol was affected, taxis transfers weren't on offer as is usual at Caribbean ports.

We walked into the town centre and found it quite interesting - we saw fishermen using a stick with cola bottle tops nailed to it to use to scour scales off freshily caught fish on the waterfront. There was a very colourful spice market too and a church built by Eiffel - with tell-tale pillars made of steel and bolts!!!!! Very interesting and colourful place . There was also lots of litter so we didn't get the best impression - but I was told that was a feature of the strike and normally it's very clean.

We enjoyed our walk around (Point-a-Pitre) despite the difficulties but I would say that we were told that this island is fiercely French (it is a Department of France) and as such they would not accept any currency except Euros. When we were asked where we came from by a stalll holder, there was a distinct chill when we said the UK!!!! :o Might have coincided with a 'situation' or some tension between our countries at the time but it did come over as an unusual response from that we'd met everywhere else in the Caribbean. That was some years ago and if they now accept $ then there must be a more relaxed atmosphere from our experience - or perhaps we were just unlucky. Perhaps feelings were running high because of the strike - who knows what deprivations or difficulties they were experiencing.

I'd like to go and see what else the island has to offer and see it functioning normally.

• 3 weeks later...

We have booked for Caribbean Treasures/ Latin Gems for January 2015. We booked when the brochure came out last November and also booked the reduced AI drinks package. Friends have previously had a free AI package but was several years ago.

Hi, we too are waiting for these brochures?

We are hoping Celebration will be in Caribbean over xmas and new year.

Its hubby's 60th birthday so all the family hoping to book and Celebration our favourite ship.

Would you mind letting me know if you hear any def brochure release dates?

Many thanks