beach experience

Bluestar01

Hello experienced cruisers:

Please help...

We'll be travelling to St. Maarten next month, with two kids under 9 yrs of age, looking into shore activities, lots of posts here so getting confusing, & don't want to spend $$$ booking thru cruise excursions:)

So can you advice where we can find a good beach where kids can play, snorkel off the beach, shade/umbrellas to rent, food to eat, and NO NUDITY!!!

Please recommend. We also want to see airplanes landing at Maho beach. I read there isn't a good beach/snorkel at Maho due to rough ocean, so when is the best time to visit this, in the AM or PM?

Thanks

Hello experienced cruisers:

Please help...

We'll be travelling to St. Maarten next month, with two kids under 9 yrs of age, looking into shore activities, lots of posts here so getting confusing, & don't want to spend $$$ booking thru cruise excursions:)

So can you advice where we can find a good beach where kids can play, snorkel off the beach, shade/umbrellas to rent, food to eat, and NO NUDITY!!!

Please recommend. We also want to see airplanes landing at Maho beach. I read there isn't a good beach/snorkel at Maho due to rough ocean, so when is the best time to visit this, in the AM or PM?

Thanks

Since you want to go to Maho and a family beach as well I think that the obvious choice is taking a taxi to the beautiful Mullet bay beach and walking 15 minutes over to Maho around noon for sim plan watching. There's as much of a chance to see nudity at Maho as there is at Mullet. It is St. Maarten after all. :)

I don't swim in Great Bay as the pollution issue continues and I don't find it's the best atmosphere for young children either to be honest with you. Many people enjoy the closeness to the ship and the very cheap beer offered at this beach.;)

You can snorkel at Mullet by the rocks to the left when facing the ocean. St. Maarten doesn't have great snorkeling from the beach though.

• 3 weeks later...