IN LA , ala San Pedro and Long Beach...which cruise-ships leave on Sundays?

2010_cruisers

Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas leaves from San Pedro and Carnival Splendor leaves from Long Beach.

Oh, I see you are sailing in March you will have the Golden Princess sailing out of San Pedro with you. NCL and Princess are sailing on Saturdays.

TexasAnn and jjb415. Thanks.

BTW - since you have eith done Princess and Catnival....m fro your feelings, expections, results...abd overall feedback...how do those lines compare to RCL...what are some compeitive advantages and differences

Please share...

My experience on Carnival was a long time ago, before I became a regular with Royal Caribbean. My advice is to stick with a line that you like and has a good loyalty program. I also like Holland America, Celebrity, and NCL but, Royal Caribbean has been treating me very well in the past couple of years.

Here's the page on the port website with the calendar (just click on the month desired):

http://www.sanpedro.com/spcom/cruiscal.htm

Someplace on that same site, you'll be able to find Carnival's schedule. But that one is more consistent as mentioned above:

Splendor on Saturdays, Paradise on Mondays and Fridays.

TexasAnn and jjb415. Thanks.

BTW - since you have eith done Princess and Catnival....m fro your feelings, expections, results...abd overall feedback...how do those lines compare to RCL...what are some compeitive advantages and differences

Please share...

I've only been on Carnival (six times but the last time was in 2002) and Princess (three times from 2003 to 2005). There's a different feeling between the two. Carnival was a bit more rowdier in my experience and Princess less glitzy in appearance.

What we like about Princess: self service laundries (Carnival has them too) as hubby likes to keep down the luggage we bring, 24-hr buffet (we usually nosh a bit during the day), traditional dining (one reason I won't try NCL...I feel having t.d. differentiates a cruise vacation from just going to a hotel). Princess does have plenty of activities...on our Hawaiian cruise with many sea days, I was never bored. I also like that every cabin on Princess ships have a minifridge (and you can bring on your own beverages if you want).

HI Cruisin' Chick...thanks for them emails.....BTW...

From some things you said...you'd think they were totally self-explanatory, but...I'm, bit inquisitive...(not intrusive, just probing for some small answers)...if that's ok....care to elaborate a bit more on these things you said...please:

" Carnival was a bit more rowdier in my experience" (how...where, what)?

" hubby likes to keep down the luggage we bring" (do you typically pack light and wash your clothes_? Do you ever attend the formal nights?

" Princess ships have a minifridge (and you can bring on your own beverages if you want)" (they have no soft drink, water, juices or alcohol policies...really)?

My own question is...how do you get to cruise so often......?

Lastly, have you ever done RCL...? If so when and if not, how come?

Archived