Shopping

LuckyLori

Cozumel for outside the port. Head downtown tot he plaza.

Coxen Hole has limited shopping in town. The West End has some small shops but good s are expensive and you can find almost everything that's a product on Honduras or the island in port. Costa Maya the shopping is in port. There are some kiosks and vendors along th emalecon, but you need to be careful; lots of items in both Coz and Costa Maya are Hecho in Chine, not Hecho in Mexico.

Harvest Cay you'll be stuck in Harvest Caye. NCL has you roped in. You might be able to take the ferry to Palencia, but it's not a "shopping town".

Cozumel has lots of stores from a minute outside the port to a twenty minute walk. There is even a mall.

Also Costa Maya has an area within a five minute walk of the pier with many shops.

If time permits check out both.

Be careful on things like silver jewelry. I would avoid purchasing it.

Keith

Cozumel for outside the port. Head downtown tot he plaza.

Coxen Hole has limited shopping in town. The West End has some small shops but good s are expensive and you can find almost everything that's a product on Honduras or the island in port. Costa Maya the shopping is in port. There are some kiosks and vendors along th emalecon, but you need to be careful; lots of items in both Coz and Costa Maya are Hecho in Chine, not Hecho in Mexico.

Harvest Cay you'll be stuck in Harvest Caye. NCL has you roped in. You might be able to take the ferry to Palencia, but it's not a "shopping town".

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cozumel has lots of stores from a minute outside the port to a twenty minute walk. There is even a mall.

Also Costa Maya has an area within a five minute walk of the pier with many shops.

If time permits check out both.

Be careful on things like silver jewelry. I would avoid purchasing it.

Keith

Thanks Keith, I'm not a jewelry type. I'm looking mostly for a couple things for my grandkids and a few magnets that kind of stuff. Maybe a few artsy things.

We are going to Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel, Little French Key in Honduras, the spice farm in Belize and the Mayan ruins tour in Costa Maya. I figure each place probably has a gift shop and then maybe just look around the port area.

• 2 weeks later...
You are welcome and based on what you said you will do fine at the two ports I mentioned.

This is the main street in Cozumel. Lots of stores.

dsc00036_orig.jpg

Costa Maya a short walk from the port.

Lots of stores plus lots of places outside.

dsc00053_1_orig.jpg

Awesome, thanks again.

Do you have a recommendation for a beach at Costa Maya? We are doing the ruins tour but should be back by 12:30 our ship leaves at 4:00. We are looking at Tropicante or Blue Kay. But we are up for recommendations.

Awesome, thanks again.

Do you have a recommendation for a beach at Costa Maya? We are looking for lunch and maybe some snorkeling if there is time. We are doing the ruins tour but should be back by 12:30 our ship leaves at 4:00. We are looking at Tropicante or Blue Kay. But we are up for recommendations.