Is the Therma Suite Pass worth it? NCL JEWEL

I was on the Jewel about 3 weeks ago, and was very disappointed. I feel like NCL oversold the availability of the Thermal Spa. The first day, it was great. After that, it was so crowded in the coed room, you had to wait in line for the heated beds and the spa pool (ok, not a literal line, but hang around until people left type of line). And due to the crowds, it was pretty noisy, and not very relaxing. I was also disappointed with the ladies' dressing room. There were 2 showers, but with glass doors....very little privacy.

On the plus side, the sauna in the ladies' area had a big picture window with great views, and I loved the cold dunking pool to use after the sauna.

I've almost always purchased this package on the different cruises I've been on, but due to the crowds would be hesitant to do so on NCL again.

On Norwegian Breakaway the day spa passes were $59.00 a day. I asked if I could use the day spa if I purchased a massage and they said no. So I didn't try it, but a couple onboard absolutely loved it and used it daily. I would have liked to try it- but I thought that price was high.

:confused:If you are planning on using the pass with member of the opposite sex, just be aware that most of the spa is in the male only or women only areas. The "co-ed" portion only offers a largish hot tub spa pool and about 6 or 8 warm tile loungers which I found to be usually all occupied. However if it is important to you to have access to a hot tub, it might be good to get the pass. The ones near the pool deck were packed with kids etc. most of the time.