Will more Sky cruises change to the Havana itinerary?

anonmom

I very much want to visit Cuba before it changes due to the influx of American tourists, but I have no desire to go when the weather is extremely hot. For some reason, the 4-day Sky cruises through the rest of 2017 were switched to the Havana itinerary, but the January/February 2018 4-day Sky cruises just go to the Bahamas. Of course, the prices also went way up for the cruises that switched to Havana.

Does anyone know when those cruises switched to the Havana itinerary? If you booked one of those cruises before the change, how were you notified? I'm tempted to book a 4-day Sky cruise for January or February now, and then just cross my fingers that NCL switches to the more lucrative Havana itinerary. Is NCL just waiting to see how the first season of Sky Havana cruises goes before they commit to 2018?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

The first cruises (that are happening now, in May) were announced last December 2016. Then, in February they changed more sailings through December 2017. So people got at least 4 months of notice, well before final payment and the cancellation penalty phase.

The first cruises (that are happening now, in May) were announced last December 2016. Then, in February they changed more sailings through December 2017. So people got at least 4 months of notice, well before final payment and the cancellation penalty phase.

Hmm, then maybe there is hope that I could book a non-Cuba Sky cruise and that it might be converted to the Havana itinerary...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

I have wondered this myself why in the peak season the Sky will not be doing Havana. Without knowing anything, all I can guess is that berthing positions at HAV

are a max of I believe 4 and with a number

of ships there for the peak season NCL could not get space for the Sky.

Oh, I missed the announcement about the 2018 cruises last month. In that case, I agree with worldspan that for one reason or another they are (currently) unable to offer Cuba cruises during those 3 months between Christmas 2017 and March 2018.

anonmom, there's no risk in booking a Sky cruise for January/February, as long as you keep your eye on the date and cancel in time. But I don't know how hopeful I'd be about the itinerary being changed to Cuba in the meantime.