Remich and Metz

stretchcruz

Anybody ever got off the ship and stay a day in Metz or Remich before taking the train to Paris? Wondering how it was, where you stayed, what you did? Considering spending a night in Metz then 2 nights in Paris after our Windmills Tulips and Paris...or should we do the 3 nights in Paris? Opinions wanted!! Thanks!!!

• 1 month later...

When we docked in Remich, we hired a retired history professor/guide that took us in his own car for the day to Luxembourg, the American Cemetery, and other sights. Perhaps you could then get to Paris from Luxembourg if you take your luggage with you in the guy's car (if he still has his old Mercedes!). Let me know if you want more info on this. Steven

Stretchcruz, we stayed overnight in Remich aboard our ship that ultimately went to Trier the next day where we disembarked to go to the Frankfurt Airport. This was quite a few years ago, so give me a few days to check my journal and get back to you on this post. I remember being impressed that Remich, while being in Luxembourg, is a stone's throw from France and Germany (literally over the bridge) and there is a great sense of history there. I also remember drinking some decent wine with locals at night in town since it is also a wine-growing region. So I would definitely recommend spending a night in Remich, but I like my Luxembourg City idea better since you are going to Paris. AND, if I can digress...don't even think about going to Paris without seeing the film Midnight in Paris before you go!

Thank you!! In looking at my itinerary it looks as though we do overnight in Remich the last night of the cruise. The itinerary says Trier-Remich. Not sure how much time we'd have off of the ship, however! I'd appreciate any insight.

Archived