Phillipsberg - Marigot - Maho/Muellet by bus?

newr

I hope someone who did this maybe can give an update. I know you can catch bus from Phillipsberg to Marigot from "Back street"...is the stop in Marigot in the center so it's easy to get to places? NO one seems to say where you take the bus from Marigot back? Is it just the same stop getting off?

Then I would like to go from Marigot to Maho..I know there's no direct bus and you're supposed to switch bus at some round about. Would the driver be able to direct? It seems I get off, walk across to KFC? and catch the one from Phillipsberg going to Maho.

Then Maho back to Phillipsberg is easy? Just across from where I got off before but just opposite?

Is there that gist of it? Are buses still $2?

There are three of us. I was gonna rent a car, but seems the decent rate places are all at the airport.

I am there for a day with NCL Getaway. Been to Phillipsburg before with Allure. So mainly visiting Marigot and Maho...would that be enough time?

Thanks

I'm fit and I'm used to walking.

You can easy do Marigot and Maho both on your own by public bus.

I did and because I didn't know better and was alone I walked (about 60 min) from Marigot to Maho Beach.

The Stop in Marigot is a little above the center but within 10 min walk you're already on the street facing the sea. Marigot is not that big and in my eyes there is not that much to see and do, beside being in a French town. (and you don't need Euros, everything can be paid in US-Dollars)

For the way from Marigot to Maho I found this here in CC:

I probably wouldn't recommend it for anyone unfamiliar with the island, but it's possible to get from Marigot to Maho by bus. You'd have to change buses in Cole Bay.

Catch a bus headed to Philipsburg, but you'd have to get off just before the 'Midass' Roundabout (Officially Kruythoff) and walk past there to the stop near the KFC to catch a bus coming over the hill from Philipsburg headed to Maho or Mullet Bay.

In Philipsburg you just go the back street and wave a bus, you don't have to wait at a certain spot.

Yeah about getting the bus in Marigot, it not the same spot as you get off the bus. There is a lot of one-way roads.

You'll get off at the "Rue de Hollande" and you will take the bus in direction Philipsburg at "Rue St.James" or "Rue Low Town", there is even a regular bus stop at this street, (where Rue St.James changes into Rue Low Town).

I think the cost are still 2 dollars per person per ride (doesn't matter how far).