QM2 Departure time May 16, 2014

tag1000

I found this in the Roll Call section for the May 16 2014 QM2 sailing.

"I asked our TA to check on this for us. He was told that "officially" the departure time is still 17:00. However, there is a high probability there will be "something" special for the 10 anniversary that will delay the departure past 17:00. The 23:59 is more of a place holder than an actual time. Cunard will most likely announce what the "something" is when we get closer to the May 16th departure."

See

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1920090&page=4

While it does not answer your question in full it is a hint. We are arriving on a red eye from Los Angeles at 6:30 A. M. on the 16th and I hope this does not delay boarding time. I don't like the idea of sitting around the cruise terminal all day with luggage in tow. Tom

While it does not answer your question in full it is a hint. We are arriving on a red eye from Los Angeles at 6:30 A. M. on the 16th and I hope this does not delay boarding time. I don't like the idea of sitting around the cruise terminal all day with luggage in tow. Tom

Our e-ticket shows our check-in time as 12:00 and says check-in closes at 15:30. Somewhere on Cunard's official site - I can't find it now - there was a hint of a celebration in New York for this designated 10th anniversary crossing.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is information on 9 May sailing from Southampton perhaps we will get some fireworks on the 16th of May Full story at WEB link below Tom

There is info about fireworks show at 22:00 on 9 May sailing. TOM "The Old Man"

See

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/cunard-plan-birthday-salute-and-firework-farewell-for-qm2s-10th.html

Edited by ely_nevadanut