Directions-Holiday Inn POM to Dolphin Stadium

baR7

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami pre-cruise on Saturday Sept. 20 2008 and may want to go to Dolphin Stadium to see our Phillies play the Marlins that night. Can we use public transportation or should we use a cab? How much would it cost? Is the area safe? Thanks for your help.

A cab for the 20 minute ride would be around $45 each way. Public transportation would be a lot less but then the 20 minute ride turns into an hour and a half adventure. Suggest you check with hotel staff to see what service they recommend for guests, they may have special pricing. The stadium grounds are safe.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami pre-cruise on Saturday Sept. 20 2008 and may want to go to Dolphin Stadium to see our Phillies play the Marlins that night. Can we use public transportation or should we use a cab? How much would it cost? Is the area safe? Thanks for your help.

Hi,

A cab from Downtown to Dolphin Stadium should run you aprox. $35.00 each way. I do not recommend public transportation to Dolphin Stadium. You do not want to walk around Dolphin Stadium at night time and this game, being on a Saturday will probably have a 7 p.m. start and a concert after the game, so by the time you get out of the stadium, it will be after 11 p.m. - Not a safe area to walk around at night time.

Hi,

A cab from Downtown to Dolphin Stadium should run you aprox. $35.00 each way.

That's a great price, what's the phone number of the cab company you use? :rolleyes:

The immediate area on the stadium property is perfectly safe.

That's a great price, what's the phone number of the cab company you use? :rolleyes:

The immediate area on the stadium property is perfectly safe.

Since the poster was talking about using public transportation to the stadium (buses), I believe they would probably have to walk outside the stadium, at night time (quite late), and I stand by what I said before, I do not believe it is the safest area in Miami to walk to or stand by a bus stop around at 10 or 11 p,m. at night. However if there is a public bus that actually comes into the stadium to pick up passengers, I guess the stadium grounds, as you clearly pointed out, are safe. :)

What was the number for that $35 taxi?

If I am not mistaken, it was a taxi our friends from out of town took from their hotel, The Intercontinental in downtown to Dolphin Stadium at the start of this baseball season. I can e-mail them today to see if they recall the name of the taxi company, but I would think all of them would charge about the same, as they have meters inside the taxis.;)

Archived