Experienced X cruiser thinking of trying Azamara and has questions!

Sabbycat

Hi all,

I have just spent the last few hours reading this board with interest as we are thinking of trying our first non-X cruise this fall.

I am a little nervous as I do not like change but the itinerary is so incredible that I feel compelled to! And so in my usual fashion I have been scouring these boards for all the answers to my many questions. As I have not found all of them I have started my own thread. here goes:

1. Azamara is billed as a luxury line, and at twice the price of a X cruise, I hope it lives up to its claim. I have reviewed the site, and it would appear the fare includes gratuities, and beverages. What are the alcoholic beverages included in the fare price? For the beers, do they have any gluten-free varieties? What kinds of expenses would I incur on board? I do not shop, and would probably only hit the spa once for a mani, so I am thinking my on-board bill would almost be non-existent! Am I missing

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to answer my questions. It is really appreciated. Hope every has a great weekend (and a long one for my fellow Canadians!)

We recently sailed azamara for the first time...we have sailed celeb many times. We LOVED the smaller ship....other than that there was not a huge difference in service or quality from celeb. If azamara is not running a special...and the price is double celebrity...you may have some disappointment.

We feel they both offer a good product....but im not willing to pay double for azamara....

• 3 weeks later...
i am not going to disagree what is in Pursuits. but the harpist was fired in 2013 .so no music in the Discoveries bar ever. i have heard the on the Journey the piano arrived there and was moved.

On Quest the piano has been in club Luxe all of 2013. Max never ever plays doing a show. no the Jazz band also palys here and i do not recall them during a show.

yes, to music in looking Glas the question is when? i miss the guiter palying in Winodws outside. music. sunset etc. .nice touch.

Yes, there is music in the Discoveries bar. Last November it was a very good Spanish guitarist/ singer.