a few Half Moon Cay questions

cherryharley

I have read through several HMC threads going back to 2014, but most seem concerned with cabanas and I have not seen my particular questions asked. Forgive me or point me in the right direction if I just missed them. :o

1) What time do tender boats start? Do they run all day long? Is there an announced time for passengers to board or do you just show up when you are ready to go ashore?

2) I know the big draw of HMC is the beach and I've seen many beautiful photos, but I personally am not a sun lover. I have had a condo right on the beach for over 25 years so sand and surf is not a particular treat for me. I like to walk down the beach, kick around in the shallow water for a little bit and then go back to my air conditioning. Will there be a tender to take people back to the ship that only want to stay on HMC for say an hour or so?

3) I am traveling with a lady who uses a mobility scooter. She can climb steps but just cannot walk very far - maybe not even a block. She could board a tender with no problem, and I have heard there are balloon wheeled chairs, but are they near where you debark from the tender boat? Has anyone here actually tried pushing them in sand?

4) Where exactly do the trucks with passenger seating take you? Are they for everyone or just those with cabana rentals?

And lastly

5) What are the perks of being on the ship while everyone else is onshore, other than the obvious - no crowds?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1. The tenders start as soon as the ship is ready, and run non stop all day.

2. Yes,again, the tenders run non stop all day.

3. Yes, they are near where you get of the tender. The staff pushes them around, I don't think you can just go on an indefinite tour with them, I think they will take to a destination.

4. Generally they are for the cabana pax, but are used for others as well. They run behind the beach front for a distance. However, if mobility is an issue, they are not easy to get into.

5. You answered your own question.