car rental and flight in Auckland

muffin

Wonder how best to arrange this. Arrive in Aukland port 8am. Need to rent a car for 10 days. Then need to return car to car rental in evening, and stay in hotel for the night. Flight leaves at 8:40 am for syd, and then to lax.

where should we rent car? can we return it to airport, if we rent it closer to ship port? Any suggestions for hotel near airport. Clean and safe…only going to sleep there.. up early to get to airport presume at least 2 hours before flight.

Any car rentals provide pick up at ship to take you to their cars? All help appreciated.

We have a reverse itinerary from you. Ace is a NZ rental car company that may be willing to pick you up from the ship terminal and take you to their Parnell location. We are picking up our rental car from Ace at AKL, spending our first night at the Holiday Inn airport hotel (there are others to choose from), driving to various North Island locations, and then returning it to Ace's city center location, which provides a dropoff to any city centre location...ours is Sky City Grand.

https://www.acerentalcars.co.nz/

Ace is listed in NZ guidebooks. I feel we got a great price for our rental and love that we aren't paying an extra fee for picking up in one place and returning to another.

Since they provide a dropoff service, hopefully a pickup service is offered as well. Do check them out. If you decide to go with them, I found a discount code worth 10% on my confirmation good through 12/15/15 that if you email me at beejaybeeohio at netscape dot net with Ace Code as the subject I'd be happy to share.

Edited by TMLAalum