What to do? Last minute cruise!

megsok7

I usually research my vacations for ages but we booked a last minute cruise and I know nothing about progreso... We have nachi booked for Cozumel and was thinking that a slow day of shopping would be nice for Progreso. Are there shops at the pier like there is in Cozumel, Belize, etc? Or will we need to take transportation to a different area?

Thanks!

Grab you a cerveza frio near where the shuttle bus stops and then maybe ride the double decker bus, kind of fun , then you can shop as they bring you back to where you started.The main drag by the water is mostly where all the shops are other than the flea market style where the shuttle stops. Very easy to get around in Progreso, but beware if you sit and have any drinks or food by the water you will be bombarded with vendors..

Thank you for the replies.

So we are able to get off of the "boat" and buy little trinkets without having to take the shuttle down the pier?

Yes; after you get off the boat you will go through a shopping area (they will check your Sail and Sign card before you go inside) The first store is a duty free one I think that sells more "upscale" things then you walk back out into a courtyard with several stores. Plenty of places to buy trinkets and souvenirs. You have to continue on through the courtyard and exit out the front to get on the shuttle that takes you in to Progreso.