Help me pick a Discover Scuba/Bubble Maker

mitsugirly

Which Discover Scuba/Bubble Maker place to book with  

1. 1. Which Discover Scuba/Bubble Maker place to book with

• Atlantis Diving ($280) 1 Dive-Tugboat
    • Hans Pleij ($264) 1 Dive-Tugboat
    • Bas Harts ($417) 2 Dives-Shon-Mosa & No-Name

We have decided that Curacao will be the destination for our scuba this upcoming cruise.

Both hubby and I will do a Discover Scuba (have done this once in St Thomas) and our (then 9 year old by cruise time) will do a Bubble Maker class (she's a certified PADI Seal with several dives under her belt already).

Here are my options:

1) Atlantis Diving:

Transportation: The dive includes transportation from the cruise ship terminal.

Dive Sight: The tugboat area for all of us and the reef is mentioned

Cost: Bubblemaker=$114 DSD= $ 83

Time: 2.5 hours total, about 45 minutes diving

Extra: Said if we want to stay at the tugboat area to snorkel after, we could, but would have to find our own transportation back to the port

Rating on TA: Rated 5 stars and #6

2) Hans Pleij-Curious 2 Dive:

Transportation: Provided with dive

Dive Sight: Tugboat, the drop off, a wall, and a pier mentioned

Cost: $88 per person

Time: Total of 4 hours

Extra: Free pictures during the dive. Also, said they could take us to a nearby beach after scuba (Janthiel or Zanzibar or Sea Aquarium Beach) and then we would provide our own transportation back to cruise terminal.

Rating on TA: 5 stars and rated #4

3) Bas Harts:

Transportation: Includes pick up and drop off at cruise port

Dive Sight: They offer a 2 dives at 2 sites. The dives take place in the San Juan area and are called Shon-Mosa (site states there are a lot of turtles, eels, and rays at this site) and No-Name.

Cost: $139 per person

Time: He didn't really say how long nor does the site

Extra: They provide free pictures of the dive

Rating on TA: 5 stars and rated #2

So these are my options. (I have contacted many other dive companies, but the problem is finding one of them that will take us as a Discover Scuba AND provide a Bubble maker class for our daughter.

Let me know if you've had experiences with any of these and what you thought of them.

Let me know if you've been to any of these sites and which you feel would be best.

I hear the tugboat is a very simple dive, calm water and several sea horses in the area (which I have never seen when in the water before).

The lure of being able to actually do 2 dives with Bas at 2 different sites sounds super cool as well.

We have decided that Curacao will be the destination for our scuba this upcoming cruise.

Both hubby and I will do a Discover Scuba (have done this once in St Thomas) and our (then 9 year old by cruise time) will do a Bubble Maker class (she's a certified PADI Seal with several dives under her belt already).

Here are my options:

1) Atlantis Diving:

Transportation: The dive includes transportation from the cruise ship terminal.

Dive Sight: The tugboat area for all of us and the reef is mentioned

Cost: Bubblemaker=$114 DSD= $ 83

Time: 2.5 hours total, about 45 minutes diving

Extra: Said if we want to stay at the tugboat area to snorkel after, we could, but would have to find our own transportation back to the port

Rating on TA: Rated 5 stars and #6

2) Hans Pleij-Curious 2 Dive:

Transportation: Provided with dive

Dive Sight: Tugboat, the drop off, a wall, and a pier mentioned

Cost: $88 per person

Time: Total of 4 hours

Extra: Free pictures during the dive. Also, said they could take us to a nearby beach after scuba (Janthiel or Zanzibar or Sea Aquarium Beach) and then we would provide our own transportation back to cruise terminal.

Rating on TA: 5 stars and rated #4

3) Bas Harts:

Transportation: Includes pick up and drop off at cruise port

Dive Sight: They offer a 2 dives at 2 sites. The dives take place in the San Juan area and are called Shon-Mosa (site states there are a lot of turtles, eels, and rays at this site) and No-Name.

Cost: $139 per person

Time: He didn't really say how long nor does the site

Extra: They provide free pictures of the dive

Rating on TA: 5 stars and rated #2

So these are my options. (I have contacted many other dive companies, but the problem is finding one of them that will take us as a Discover Scuba AND provide a Bubble maker class for our daughter.

Let me know if you've had experiences with any of these and what you thought of them.

Let me know if you've been to any of these sites and which you feel would be best.

I hear the tugboat is a very simple dive, calm water and several sea horses in the area (which I have never seen when in the water before).

The lure of being able to actually do 2 dives with Bas at 2 different sites sounds super cool as well.

I've been following a lot of your reviews and since getting back yesterday going to re-read your review of Mr. Sanchos and CHANKANAAB.

We are headed to St. Kitts next February and I'd love to hear your thoughts on Carambola and Shipwreck

(When will you be completing this trip?)

When are you going to be in Curacao? I'd love to cram on your experience to prepare for our January or February 2018 trip. (Yes, I know it's early but the best way to not get depressed in Pennsylvania after a cruise is to start preparing for the next one.)

• 3 weeks later...