Car Seat on the Island?

sweetcharity

We will be traveling with a 2 year old. How have others handled the need for a car seat? Do they need one on the Ferry? If we use a van, what do we do with it once we get to the beach? I want my grandson to be safe but it may become such a hindrance that we may choose not to leave the Dock Yard.

We will be traveling with a 2 year old. How have others handled the need for a car seat? Do they need one on the Ferry? If we use a van, what do we do with it once we get to the beach? I want my grandson to be safe but it may become such a hindrance that we may choose not to leave the Dock Yard.

You don't need a car seat on the ferry. In Bermuda car seats are only required by law in personal vehicles. That is it. They are not required in the Minibus Shuttles. They are not required in Taxis. It is up to you whether you want to bring a car seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sweetcharity we are traveling with a 1 & 3 year old and we're just chatting about this last night. We need to get to Coco Reef and really don't feel like bringing our car seats from home. What a pain that would be!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not required in Taxis, Minibuses or Public buses. It is your personal decision whether to bring them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

If you are concerned about them sitting in the taxis or mini buses, look into a solution like the RideSafer vest. Car seats might not be required, but you have to know if the child will sit properly in a regular seat. There are other similar solutions too. Just only familiar with the RideSafer & have used one successfully for 8 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums