Which is better....the HOHO trolley or bus?

I guess I just don't understand the differences other than one is narrated and one is not. Is one more reliable than the other? Does one go to more locations? I understand that it is very crowded during the summer but we will not have a car and want to spend Sunday July 24th seeing as much as we can. We are planning on using the hotel bikes to go see Stanley Park and the seawall. Also want to see Granville Island Sun morning.

(We only have two days and Sat afternoon we are going to Capilano, hanging out at the hotel (FPR) and walking over to catch a glimpse of the fireworks that night).

Thanks for any help!

I guess I just don't understand the differences other than one is narrated and one is not. Is one more reliable than the other? Does one go to more locations? I understand that it is very crowded during the summer but we will not have a car and want to spend Sunday July 24th seeing as much as we can. We are planning on using the hotel bikes to go see Stanley Park and the seawall. Also want to see Granville Island Sun morning.

(We only have two days and Sat afternoon we are going to Capilano' date=' hanging out at the hotel (FPR) and walking over to catch a glimpse of the fireworks that night).

Thanks for any help![/quote']

The HoHo bus goes on routes that city transit doesn't or can't go. Transit bus can't enter the Stanley park. As the HoHo goes around the park with multiple stops .

I'm guessing you might mean the Trolley vs the other HOHO company (WestCoast) rather than transit? In which case, yes, there is a difference - the trolley has a few additional stops, smaller vehicles, and live narration. If they're both the same price it's the obvious choice because of these factors.

If you did mean transit, well, that's a whole different animal - you CAN get into Stanley park on transit, just not a tour AROUND the park (though the summer shuttle at $10pp on top of a day pass on transit makes for approx half the total price with even more stops inside the park than the regular HOHOs). Armed with a good guidebook transit is a very flexible way to see the city, and covers much, much more of it (and neighbouring cities) than any HOHO.

I guess I just don't understand the differences other than one is narrated and one is not. Is one more reliable than the other? Does one go to more locations?
Hop On run continually and does pickups to your schedule.... very flexible. However you need to pay attention to the frequency and some say the majority of the stops are hotels as you explore the downtown.

There's public transit that has a stop at the entrance and near the train. It does not go around the park, nor scenic locations (eg Prospect Point and Totems).

Tour buses are more personal where they gather everyone as one group and everyone travels together. You also skip the tour of hotels around the downtown core. Some find this to be too restrictive as you are to the tour's schedule. Personally I prefer this way to explore cities when travelling..