Help!!!!

Raven Days

Ok...I was sure I was going on this cruise, so I booked 3 different hotels until I could make a decision about which one I wanted to keep. I ended up deciding on the Harbor House...well life intervened (and since I hadn't actually booked the cruise) I canceled my hotel reservations...all of them! Well tonight I made the decision to actually go and actually booked it and will be taking my 4 y/o grand daughter on her first cruise...anyways...I had chosen the HH since they offered parking so close and there would only be a $13 difference in staying at a hotel near the seawall and paying for parking or staying at the HH. So tonight after I called Carnival I called the HH who tells me that the rates have gone up - ALOT - and now its more then I want to pay. I dont mind staying near the seawall and I have stayed in the Hampton Inn the last time I went on this ship in 09 but I left my car at the hotel. Now they want to charge 45 for the duration of the cruise plus the cab fare of 40 round trip. Thats way too much! So the question I am getting to...is where do I park? I was on galveston.com and see that there are about 4 options to chose from but I dont know which one to chose. Can anyone tell me where you park your cars that you have used in the past and had no issues with?

we have always stayed at the howard johnson hotel and you can leave your car there free of charge and the rooms normally run about 49-69.00 a night ... if you are going during the end of feb. you will have higher rates because its mardigras

this year we are staying at quality inn and suites which was 59.00 for 1 night and also free parking ... and the taxi will run about 10.00 to get to the cruise port ...

hope this helps :D

Econo Lodge is cheap, near the seawall (near Gaido's restaurant cornver) and they have free cruise parking.

PS I also stayed at Quality Inn and Suites Beachfront, same chain, Choice Hotels, and changed over from EconoLodge when it was $45 in January. It was nice, but if you dont swim, didnt think it was a huge difference, but better breakfast. Lots of hotels there will give you free cruise parking.

Howard Johnson's has the best deal, but I hate the location in the middle of nowhere. (you can pay $5 per person to use the shuttle at discount parking across the street, no taxi needed) .. but the hotel location is industrial area.

Archived