Things to do and eat in Vancouver?

dcl1710

There is an abundance of information about Vancouver in the Cruise Critic "West Coast Departures" forum (located under North American homeports). Pay particular attention to a thread named something like answers about Vancouver from a Vancouver-ite.

It is a wonderful city and I hope you enjoy your time there. We particularly enjoy Stanley Park. My husband loves the beer from the Steamworks brewery, which also offers fun food.

Granville Island is fun to visit. We took the water taxi across the river and spent several hours there. There are all sorts of interesting food vendors there and the views are beautiful. Stanley Park is another place where you could spend all day and not see it all. We took the Hop on hop off Trolley and stopped at Stanley Park for several hours then boarded the trolley again to finish the tour. We also got off in Gastown and had lunch there at a little Italian restaurant (Al Porto, I think). It was cool and dark, which you might appreciate in August, and the food was very good.

We are in Vancouver for 2 post days. We have scheduled 2 tours through http://vancouvertours.com/. After lots of research and reading reviews we chose that company. We are doing the Sea to Sky tour and the 4 hour Vancouver city tour. Check the website out to see if any of the tours interest you. Or you can use the Hop on Hop off bus to tour all around the city and get off at the stops of your choice. Good luck, enjoy your trip!

Hi we are staying 3 extra days post cruise in Vancouver? Any suggestions? It will be later August so I do not know the weather conditions.
Weather wise... late August is typically when the "PNE rains" comes. However the last two years has had very dry August's (global warming?).

Possible itineries...

• Day 1 arrive in YVR... get luggage into hotel? Off to Grouse Mountain shuttle and then the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Fly Over Canada is open into the evenings.
  • Day 2 North to Whistler? South to Victoria?
  • Day 3 Hop on tours around the city? Many offer service to Granville Island? Vancouver Trolley offers service around Stanley Park.
    http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/tours/route-map
  • Day 4 morning tour if you have a late flight?
  • I think you need to stay for a few more days! How about going East to Banff? Did I mention sunset is 9pm???

txO8VK4LaLQ ZLL6du--lQA vIvtsz1b60Q EvH_ROLyUZQ Gcyt8Xdvsgs

Edited by xlxo

Food wise?

[YOUTUBE]wmKCc73NZLo[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]ky8bouLbbB8[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]XyFPg0DYywk[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]AhuNhqaABmg[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by xlxo