CruiseNext

phoenix2mn

I'm a little confused on this. I'll be heading out on my first cruise this Halloween and saw the CruiseNext deposit form at the bottom of my edocs. I get the OBC they give you depends on how many you purchase, my questions relate to "saving" the current promo being offered. I've tried to do some looking around for this but haven't found much info.

When you sign up for this does it lock in your current promotion (UBP for me) for the cruise you take in the future? If so, does that take the place of whatever promotion they are offering at the time or is it in addition to it?

Since I'm leaving Halloween, would I have to sign up for it as soon as I get on the ship since the new November promo will be out the day after?

Thanks

I'm a little confused on this. I'll be heading out on my first cruise this Halloween and saw the CruiseNext deposit form at the bottom of my edocs. I get the OBC they give you depends on how many you purchase, my questions relate to "saving" the current promo being offered. I've tried to do some looking around for this but haven't found much info.

When you sign up for this does it lock in your current promotion (UBP for me) for the cruise you take in the future? If so, does that take the place of whatever promotion they are offering at the time or is it in addition to it?

Since I'm leaving Halloween, would I have to sign up for it as soon as I get on the ship since the new November promo will be out the day after?

Thanks

I too printed out edocs this week and was confused as well. The edocs are different from when we last sailed and the last couple pages had the form filled out for the most part but nothing was referenced to the promos I've heard about.

I don't have much else to offer as I don't plan to buy a certificate next time so I just discarded those pages. Just was curious why no reference to the promos if they offer them, then you would just have to wait to get on board.

Thanks

You are purchasing a $250 "gift certificate" that can be used against the cost of your next cruise. In return, you get an immediate On Board Credit to be used on your current cruise.

You could, if you want, book your next cruise while you are on board and you will be offered the promotions at the time of your booking. You will always ONLY get the promotions available at the time of the booking.

That being said, you could cancel your booking (if you are not within the cancellation penalty window), and rebook if the promotions are better. HOWEVER, the cost of cruises typically go up (vs. down), so rebooking in the future may cost more.

In any case, if you you get more than one certificate, you essentially get 50% back as an onboard credit. The certificates are good for 4 years. If you are definitely planning to go on an NCL cruise in the next 4 years, it is a no brainer and you get a certificate. They are fully transferable to anyone.

Since we cruise [often], we normally have a couple in the bank for future cruises.