Kona brewery

Archie4

Hi folks! We were thinking of having a lazy day and sleep in a bit when we get to Kona but would like to do the Brewery tour. How early or rather what is the latest you would recommend us getting to the Brewery by in order to do a tour? I think I read somewhere that its done on a first come basis on the day but dodnt see times anywhere!!

Thanks in advance!

I am also interested in doing that tour. I looked on their website and they offer two different times; One in the morning and one in the afternoon. Not sure if there are crowds but I would check their website. We are using Kona as a lazy day as well.

OK, just for you we made the supreme sacrifice and went to the Kona Brewpub for dinner, just to check the distance of course. We drove, but from the pier, it's just about .3 mile to some stone steps that are the 'shortcut' to the brewery. If you can handle about a dozen steps, that's the way to go - up Palani from the pier, turn left on Kuakini Highway at the first stoplight, watch for the sign and steps on your right. If you can't handle the steps, then you will have to continue down Kuakini highway to the stop sign, turn right, then right again on the first street. Follow to the brewery at the end. The longer route is .8 mile.

Just for the record, our 'supreme sacrifice' included a couple of pints of Lava Man ale, a couple of glasses of wine, a great spinach salad with macadamia nuts, and a Hawaiian Luau pizza with no ricotta. FYI - don't ever order a Hawaiian Luau pizza except in Hawaii - they're just not right!

It's absolutely walkable and definitely something to do. As the previous poster said, get the Hawaiian Luau pizza and then promise yourself you'll only ever order it there (FYI - there's a Kona Brewing Company at HNL so you can get your fix one more time before you leave paradise).

I've not done the tour, so I'm of no help there, sorry!

Thanks folks! I take it the tenders to and from the POA run on a fairly frequent basis throughout the day? Sounds like the place for a Pizza lunch then Puddles99 and hopefully catch the pm tour!!

Archived