6 passenger electric vehicle

Greek cruiser

Has anyone rented a 6 passenger electric car in Key West?

This is our first time there and thought that would be the way to go.

Am I right?

If so, which rental company has the nicest/newest 6 passenger electric cars with the best service.

They are all about the same price.

Thanks for your advice.

We will book ahead so they are in stock.

Has anyone rented a 6 passenger electric car in Key West?

This is our first time there and thought that would be the way to go.

Am I right?

If so, which rental company has the nicest/newest 6 passenger electric cars with the best service.

They are all about the same price.

Thanks for your advice.

We will book ahead so they are in stock.

We had a blast when we did it! We went everywhere and it was so much fun. I can't off hand remember the name of where we rented but I got it online before we left. If you need me to I can look thru my things and find it for you. But, we also had a small car, it was just the 2 of us and it was by the hour or 1/2 day type thing and it was very reasonable. I want to say like $75. I recommend it ... have fun! :)

I don't think Electric Cars are the way to go unless you are mobility challenged.

Key West is a small island and most sites of interest are within a square mile or so. You can walk the whole length of Duval in a leisurely 20-30 minutes.

With an electric car you have to deal with traffic, small one way streets, and limited parking. Between all the trolleys, cars, scooters, bikes and pedestrians, driving can be a challenge.

I recommend walking. If you get tired you can call a taxi for a very inexpensive ride back to the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think Electric Cars are the way to go unless you are mobility challenged.

Key West is a small island and most sites of interest are within a square mile or so. You can walk the whole length of Duval in a leisurely 20-30 minutes.

With an electric car you have to deal with traffic, small one way streets, and limited parking. Between all the trolleys, cars, scooters, bikes and pedestrians, driving can be a challenge.

I recommend walking. If you get tired you can call a taxi for a very inexpensive ride back to the ship.

Thank you so much for this! I was stressing about how far it would be to walk to the Butterfly Conservatory for my group. I will have 4 children with me, one is a baby. And I was afraid it would be too far to walk. I had thought about getting an electric car as well. But now, I think we can manage to walk.